2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 205 Posts

Amazing unique color combo!
Old 05-25-2023, 11:55 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 974 Likes on 634 Posts

always thought murano was a great color. i tend to like those opaque, rich colors. that mahogany interior is equally stunning. what a combination! i can't imagine there are many murano/mahogany 964s out there.

i'd say this car is definitely worth the effort of the import. congrats!
Old 05-26-2023, 01:04 AM
blackoutz
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
always thought murano was a great color. i tend to like those opaque, rich colors. that mahogany interior is equally stunning. what a combination! i can't imagine there are many murano/mahogany 964s out there.

i'd say this car is definitely worth the effort of the import. congrats!

It is definitely a pita to get it here from Europe. Looks like its going to take the better half of about 2 months if i factor in the reconditioning the shop is doing. I love very rare colors and I to believe this color combination will prove to be very rare. Here are some more pictures sent to me today of some maintenance being performed before they ship it out. I will say the Germans are very particular before they deliver a vehicle to a customer. They are doing a complete tuneup. Sparks plugs, valve cover gasket , valve adjustment, new suspension bushings on all 4 corners, brand new N rated Pirelli tires, paint correction and interior detail. I can tell they take great pride in there work and want things to be correct before they leave.

The following 3 users liked this post by blackoutz:
Ken D (05-26-2023), rsabeebe (05-26-2023), Turbo Jonny (05-26-2023)
Old 05-27-2023, 02:51 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 130 Posts

Congrats, very nice color combo and I am sure it will be worth the wait. would love to see some pics once it arrives in different lighting conditions 🙏
Old 05-27-2023, 03:46 PM
blackoutz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
Congrats, very nice color combo and I am sure it will be worth the wait. would love to see some pics once it arrives in different lighting conditions 🙏

FOR SURE!!! LOOK FORWARD TO A NICE PHOTO SHOOT WHEN IT GETS HERE.
Old 05-29-2023, 09:57 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 374 Posts

Wow, stunning color combo. Better still, it appears to be a sunroof delete. Sweet!
Old 05-29-2023, 09:57 AM
928 GT R
Rennlist Member

Received 5,032 Likes on 1,946 Posts

My theory of relativity...

Time travels at a speed directly proportional to which side of the bathroom door you are on...

By extension - Time travels slower when you are waiting for your car to travel across an ocean and clear customs.

Congratulations on this great find!
Old 05-29-2023, 06:49 PM
blackoutz
Instructor

Originally Posted by 928 GT R
My theory of relativity...

Time travels at a speed directly proportional to which side of the bathroom door you are on...

By extension - Time travels slower when you are waiting for your car to travel across an ocean and clear customs.

Congratulations on this great find!
Thank you!

I consider myself lucky to be the first one to respond to his for sale ad within the first 30 minutes. He said he got back from lunch and had 6 separate voicemails to purchase the car. I just happen to be the one that left the first message. I will update the thread with more pics as they come in.
Old 05-29-2023, 09:45 PM
georgej
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by blackoutz
It is definitely a pita to get it here from Europe. Looks like its going to take the better half of about 2 months if i factor in the reconditioning the shop is doing. I love very rare colors and I to believe this color combination will prove to be very rare. Here are some more pictures sent to me today of some maintenance being performed before they ship it out. I will say the Germans are very particular before they deliver a vehicle to a customer. They are doing a complete tuneup. Sparks plugs, valve cover gasket , valve adjustment, new suspension bushings on all 4 corners, brand new N rated Pirelli tires, paint correction and interior detail. I can tell they take great pride in there work and want things to be correct before they leave.
I love that pride in their work attitude. Almost immediately after taking delivery of my car 2 1/2 years ago of a very nicely presented and delivered car from a terrific seller I embarked on having pretty much everything you listed above and then some (including adding a new PCCM radio). Seven thousand joy filled miles later I have no regrets. I am sure you will enjoy the same satisfaction. That said you have an amazing car in beautiful colors, slick top, and enviably attractive bumpers. I imagine the mahogany interior will age and patina like no other and might even look better over the years! Congratulations.
Old 05-29-2023, 11:12 PM
blackoutz
Instructor

Originally Posted by georgej
I love that pride in their work attitude. Almost immediately after taking delivery of my car 2 1/2 years ago of a very nicely presented and delivered car from a terrific seller I embarked on having pretty much everything you listed above and then some (including adding a new PCCM radio). Seven thousand joy filled miles later I have no regrets. I am sure you will enjoy the same satisfaction. That said you have an amazing car in beautiful colors, slick top, and enviably attractive bumpers. I imagine the mahogany interior will age and patina like no other and might even look better over the years! Congratulations.
I was thinking the same thing with the mahogany interior. I really think it will age well. I also want to do the PCCM radio and some upgraded speakers for a good sound.

This car like may ROW euro cars does not have a/c so im considering doing the electronic driven ac compressor system. Is this seem to be worth the big $$$$. I heard this upgrade cost around $6000-$8000 . I live in south Texas so if I want to enjoy the car in the summer this sounds like a must have.

Here are a few more pics I got of the car as they complete the service.

The following 2 users liked this post by blackoutz:
928 GT R (06-02-2023), sooner964 (06-03-2023)

Quick Reply: My first air-cooled Porsche incoming from the Motherland