Sponsored by:

youcef

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 12:16 PM
HSB
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default youcef

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have outlined the bumper removal steps in a PM. Check your mail. Goodluck, Harpreet
Old 05-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harpreet, could you cut and paste here? I'd be interested to read and its good to share this stuff!
Old 05-09-2004, 10:03 PM
HSB
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Howard,
I lost the PM but here are the steps. I removed my bumper to facilitate engine removal and replacement. 1. Remove muffler behind right rear wheel( only held on by two nuts in the back and one exhaust clamp) 2.Remove center reflector( 3 phillips head screws and then lift straight up and the back to disengage the three plastic clips on bottom). This is important later when you have to wiggle the bumper off--hate to crack that piece. 3. remove passenger side tail light( remove single phillips screw and then wiggle off. Disconnect hose and electrical plug.) Once the light is out you can then disconnect a square connector which is mounted to the body behind the light. This goes to the bumper lights!
4. Remove the 6 screws holding the front edge of the bumper to the rear quarter panel( 3 on each side just behind the wheel). Now reach up in the wheel well and remove the previously disconnected wire(bumper light) along with the grommet. All thats left is the two main bolts. 5. Remove the bumper bolts and then with the help of a friend carefully wiggle the bumper off of the mount. You need a friend so you don't scratch your's like I did mine. To install reversesteps. Good luck
Old 05-11-2004, 01:10 AM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harpreet, Got it and thanks so much for your help.

Youcef

Quick Reply: youcef