Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Arjan,
In reality it was a team effort of which I played only a small role. The whole trip was made awesome by the generosity and kindness shown to Gail and myself by a wide variety of people. I publicly want to thank Eric Kessel who without thought or even being present loaned me his 964 for the time we were in Boston. I did not actually meet Eric personally until we handed the car back to him.
JD, Jen, Bentley and all those who turned up made the Sunday a great success.
There were many other trips we had which were arranged by others which then involved other people we had never met and everyone was kind and generous. Gail and I were given access to private car collections and all kind of things.
The people who came to see us in Daytona, like Derek Bell, Vern Schuppan (we missed Seinfeld), Dave Donohue and all the Rennlisters and many others who will never read this post. Estonia and Alois Ruf and last but not least Karl Ludvigsen who shared the Bentley stand with us.
I could go on for hours but it was people who made this trip so special for Gail and I.
Bentley and I are trying to arrange a similar trip for the UK. Possibly to coincide with a Scottish return trip we may make later this year.
Next stop however is Le Mans next month.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 05-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good for you guys having that nice time! A few names I know from the time I worked for Kremer Porsche in Koln [Germany]. Nice to meet all those people.

Sorry to hear that you missed Jerry Seinfeld. May be next time......
Old 05-06-2004, 09:48 AM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adrian,

I hope you were not telling them how to put that water in the engine !!!!

Also - using that finger to point is a listed offence in German law !!!

;-)

Quick Reply: Adrian in "Bahston"