Sponsored by:

OT: Which radar detector is best in UK?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 08:41 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DaveK
before the junction we left the M1 was a police car on the hard shoulder, and a gentleman getting out of the drivers door of an X5. Goodbye license I think.
Shame, one less 4X4 on the road!
Old 04-30-2004, 09:24 AM
gilessav
Advanced

Just awaiting a Road Angel in the post at the moment. Spent the last few days doing alot of reading around and comparing and it seems that the RA and the Snooper S4 nero are highly rated.

I've gone for the RA as its a single wire to the Cig-lighter for power and one other to the laser detector which plugs in and sticks next to the unit on the windscreen/dash. I too am investing as a result of a 'near miss' and feel a GPS based system with a laser should alert me to pickup 90%+ of potential hazards, which is alot more than at present. You can pickup the RA for about £310 in the UK via Ebay or about £349.99 at Halfords. Comes with all you need (apart from a laser jammer ) It was the best comprimise between price and function and have read a couple of poor tales about the Origin B2 which i was also considering. Here's hoping it pays for itself.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Giles.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Jue Thompson
Track Day

I fit this sort of thing for a living - the OB2 is actually, in my opinion, a very good product but I have had a couple of faulty ones so perhaps that is why there is some negative feedback.

I think the biggest plusses on the OB2 are the neat size for a proper installation and also the wealth of screen information.

The Road Angel is good too, though!!

Julian
Old 04-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Rushjob
Advanced

Location: The depths of Sherwood Forest, UK or if you're really unlucky, sat in your mirrors

In my line of work, I meet people who have often these devices fitted and then forget to look in their mirrors to see a T5 and ECILOP sat behind them at XXX mph........

There is no technological substitute for the Mk 1 eyeball and a moderate level of awareness.....
Old 05-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Julian Thompson
Racer

Just finished fitting my own OB2 to my everyday BMW330D Tourer and can report that it is just superb!

I think I need one in the 964 next and my missus is a bit of a speed demon in her Alfa V6 Spider too so she could do with one !

Nothing like spending the profits, eh!

PS There are quite a few installlation pitfalls with the OB2 which must be avoided - I'd be glad to help if anyone has issues or needs one at a good price (!)

Ahem!!

Quick Reply: OT: Which radar detector is best in UK?