Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Leda Suspension has Arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 04:28 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

No there is no other, I'm literally 10 miles down the road.....that's all. Maybe if your in the neighbourhood again a drink?

kevin
Old 04-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by warmfuzzies
No there is no other, I'm literally 10 miles down the road.....that's all. Maybe if your in the neighbourhood again a drink?

kevin
If only I'd known! I'm sure to be there again, so will get in touch.

Actually, I couldn't have visited you last week - I was in a very embarrassing car!

Cheers
Old 04-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leda is good stuff, but the last time I looked they were making mostly rally type suspensions. This was back in the day when I was 20 and wanted an RS200 replica from Kara cars in Southend. They used (or one could use) Leda suspension for that. I had a testdrive - what a blast! Anyone remember Kara cars? Are they still around?
Old 04-19-2004, 05:04 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Hmmm embarassing hey, wonder what it was.........give me a clue....I'm really intrigued now...

Kevin.

Sorry Christer, never heard of Kara cars, sounds like a hoot though.....
Old 04-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by warmfuzzies
Hmmm embarassing hey, wonder what it was.........give me a clue....I'm really intrigued now...

Kevin.

Sorry Christer, never heard of Kara cars, sounds like a hoot though.....
Well... it's been mentioned here before. Damn good satnav - I had the Smartnave from my old 964 strewn over the passenger seat with wires everywhere! Worked, though.

Not heard of Kara either. RS200 replica sounds fun though. Similar vein to the MG 6R4 only better looking!

Cheers
Old 04-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

You're leading me (and this thread) astray, Christer. Do a search on 'Kara RS200' and you'll find several linking including this one:

http://www.preromanbritain.com/gwem/...200/evo200.htm

So you can still buy one, if the 964 doesn't go back together properly
Old 04-19-2004, 09:56 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christer,
Seems strange that only you and a handful of people have heard of Leda, but most who have say good things. The 944 guys seem to use them alot but not 911s, I hope there isn't a negative reason for that. Anyway I'll find out today when I collect my car.

So what's been going on with your car? I use to keep track of your upgrades but have lost touch recently having been travelling too much.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:26 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by pzull
The 944 guys seem to use them alot but not 911s, I hope there isn't a negative reason for that.
Oh, LEDA's are well-known here in the States. If I'm not mistaken, one of the principals at Racer's Edge is PCA Club Racer, Karl Poetl. He's well-known in PCA circles and a regular podium finisher. At this year's Club Race at Sebring, he qualified first in class in his 944S2 ahead of numerous 951's and 964's. Given this trend, I wouldn't be surprised to see more p-cars (including 911's) making the move to LEDA.

There's no doubt these parts can deliver the goods, so enjoy. You've got a proven winner!
Old 04-20-2004, 03:01 AM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Joey, that's who I ordered the goods from. Great guy, knowledgeable, unfazeable under pressure (from me :P). Son of a Gun he's a podium finishing club racer, wow, didn;t know that.

Just collected my car over lunch time. In the short drive back the car feels fantastic. Settings at 6 from soft at the moment and the ride is plush (compared to before) but without float and less roll. A bit too soft for me at this setting as I can't feel the road. Right now at this setting it eats small irregularities without me feeling a thing but i know i'm running harder springs when I hit a hole. Speed bumps no longer make me cringe, no hard abrupt landings. On road initial conclusion is that it is a plusher ride but with less roll and sits firmer on the road

Will be taking it up the freeway this weekend to do high speed tests to see if it's really planted on undulations at high speed. last week of May will be track testing.

Last edited by pzull; 04-20-2004 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:43 AM
Christer
Race Car

Originally posted by Phil Raby
You're leading me (and this thread) astray, Christer. Do a search on 'Kara RS200' and you'll find several linking including this one:

http://www.preromanbritain.com/gwem/...200/evo200.htm

So you can still buy one, if the 964 doesn't go back together properly
Phil

I saw the Kara RS200 at a Classic car meet many years ago, I think they had only just launched the 'kit'. In those days you needed an RS Sierra Cosworth as a donor car to give you the engine, brakes, interior and so on. After that you used even then a Renault gearbox, but the car I testdrove had a 930 4 speed in it. Apparently the one I drove had somewhere around 450bhp. Huge hisses from the wastegates right behind your head, and it was really quick. 4wd of course. Ready to rally. Or whatever.

Sorry to hijack the thread!
Old 04-20-2004, 04:46 AM
Christer
Race Car

Originally posted by pzull
Christer,
Seems strange that only you and a handful of people have heard of Leda, but most who have say good things. The 944 guys seem to use them alot but not 911s, I hope there isn't a negative reason for that. Anyway I'll find out today when I collect my car.

So what's been going on with your car? I use to keep track of your upgrades but have lost touch recently having been travelling too much.
As I said, Leda were (and maybe still are) big on the WRC stage, so as far as I have heard their hardware is excellent quality. I guess it depends on the application. I wouldn't expect Leda to have a 964 kit as such, but if you know what you want already I am sure they can supply it.

What is happening with my car? Pretty much everything! Complete engine rebuild, LSD, Motec - you name it....The car should be ready in 2-3 weeks so I'll post in more detail then.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:54 AM
BeverleyM
Intermediate

Hello

Phil sent me a link to this site, so I thought I'd have a look around. What a nice suprise............you're all saying such nice things about Leda
Its also nice to hear positive feedback on Karl, our distributor. He's very knowledgable, particuarly on the Porsche marque, and he's obviously doing a good job promoting Leda on your side of the pond.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:07 AM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Beverley,
Are you from Leda? If so I have some feedback for you offline.

PS. Karl got to me even though I am in Asia!!
Old 04-20-2004, 08:44 AM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Christer
I wouldn't expect Leda to have a 964 kit as such, but if you know what you want already I am sure they can supply it.
Actually they custom make (valve) the kit for you based on spring rates that you specify. You can also choose oil, emulsified oil (good for track) or remote reservior (good for race). Price is surprisingly competitive. Racersedge provided advice on selection of spring rates and damper type based on my requirements specified. Previous threads listing spring rates of popular kits on rennlist was also invaluable
Old 04-20-2004, 12:57 PM
BeverleyM
Intermediate

PZull - I remember you !!!

(And yes, I'm from Leda, I'm the MD)

Oh, and you're quite right, we can build kits for the 911 too - in fact just about anything

Regards,
Beverley

Quick Reply: My Leda Suspension has Arrived!