Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Secondary Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 10:04 PM
andy73
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Cargraphic Secondary Muffler

So for a while I've been running a Fister secondary muffler (which I love). However, as part of a broader set of modifications, I've changed from the stock cat to a 100 cell cat which - mated with a Cup pipe and the Fister - is just too loud. Damn it!
So... wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Cargraphic Sport secondary mufflers. They have two options - 'Sound' and 'Super Sound'. Be keen to hear any reviews.

https://www.cargraphic.de/en/your-ve...4-carrera-2-4/

Cheers!

Last edited by andy73; 08-14-2021 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-14-2021, 11:02 PM
revolve40
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 90 Posts

I also have a Fister secondary with a cat delete and cup pipe. It is very loud, but for now I love it. Interested to hear opinions on the Cargraphic stuff.

I know you didn’t ask, but I’m also very interested in these offerings (particularly the headers) but maybe just as loud.

http://www.ttexhausts.com/porsche-911-964-exhaust/

Old 08-15-2021, 12:01 AM
andy73
Instructor

Originally Posted by revolve40
I also have a Fister secondary with a cat delete and cup pipe. It is very loud, but for now I love it. Interested to hear opinions on the Cargraphic stuff.
Yeah I love the Fister. Just think with a sport cat it's too much aggressive volume.
Old 08-15-2021, 11:38 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 973 Likes on 634 Posts

i wonder if a 200 cell cat (FVD maybe) might be the right reduction in volume. i always tend to tweak the exhausts on my cars until i find the sound i want also. the fister secondary absolutely has a wonderful sound and adjusting the cat might be the fix. i have had cargraphic pieces over the years and always found them too quiet. i wonder if there not a gap in the market for a cup pipe design that incorporates a straight through muffler of some kind - just to take the edge off.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:58 PM
andy73
Instructor

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
i wonder if a 200 cell cat (FVD maybe) might be the right reduction in volume. i always tend to tweak the exhausts on my cars until i find the sound i want also. the fister secondary absolutely has a wonderful sound and adjusting the cat might be the fix. i have had cargraphic pieces over the years and always found them too quiet. i wonder if there not a gap in the market for a cup pipe design that incorporates a straight through muffler of some kind - just to take the edge off.

TBH when I originally fit the Fister, I had a 200 cell cat and even found that a bit much so, sadly I don't think that's the solution. All of the above said I may try the 100 cell with the Fister - maybe my ears have adjusted over time and I'll like the crazy aggressive tone!
Old 08-17-2021, 12:25 AM
RSA964993
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 80 Posts

What would the Fister be closer to in regards to sound of a G pipe or J pipe? Are they comparable or is the Fister different all together? I just put on a 200 Cell CAT and have the Cup Pipe with a final G pipe. I’ve been playing around with every possible scenario as I have an arsenal of options (stock CAT, CAT bypass, 200 Cell CAT, stock primary, Cup pipe (primary bypass), stock final, G pipe final and J pipe final). One of my last tests will be to put the J pipe on with the 200 Cell CAT and Cup pipe. I’m hoping this is the final set up. I want noise but also want some torque. I was thinking the Fister was more like the J pipe because it has a similar length of the stock final bypass because the Fister is a modified final stock muffler.
Old 08-17-2021, 01:01 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 73 Posts

Andy, your car sounds terrific in your video, it’s one of the reasons I got a Fister.
I have a 200 cell sport cat, cup pipe, and the Fister muffler. I’ve driven it very little but it didn’t seem too loud. I’ll know more soon when I get my car back and will report.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:22 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ski Porsche
200 cell sport cat, cup pipe, and the Fister muffler.
i believe this is one of the best sounding combos you can put together. any chance you have a sound clip?
Old 08-17-2021, 12:47 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

rsabeebe—I don’t, I’m hoping to have the car back this week. It’s been in the shop getting a Motec kit from Rasant installed along with electro/hydraulic steering and a few fixes done. It goes to the tuner this afternoon. I’ll try to get a recording later.
Old 08-17-2021, 01:37 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

The sport rear silencer looks like a good option for when I finally blow out my stock secondary. I know it's inevitable (on cat and cup pipe) but the sound with that setup is by far my favorite.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:09 AM
andy73
Instructor

Andy, your car sounds terrific in your video, it’s one of the reasons I got a Fister.
I have a 200 cell sport cat, cup pipe, and the Fister muffler. I’ve driven it very little but it didn’t seem too loud. I’ll know more soon when I get my car back and will report.
Yeah when I get the car back I'll definitely experiment with the Fister. Not giving up on it yet. Love everything about that product and I'm a big fan of the way Darin goes about things. If I can make it work, I will.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:34 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

i see that fvd has a 'sport' primary muffler, but it looks like it probably suppresses sound a bit more than i was suggesting. it's also quite a bit more expensive than a simple cup pipe, so i wouldn't necessarily call it a cost effective option when there are 2 other components that can be swapped in and out.

https://www.fvd.net/de-en/BES9640400...r-mod-964.html
Old 08-19-2021, 02:28 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

I’m thinking if my setup is too loud, I would have a local muffler shop put a small, free-flow muffler in the middle of the cup pipe. Does that sound plausible?
Old 08-19-2021, 03:07 PM
mystert
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I’m thinking if my setup is too loud, I would have a local muffler shop put a small, free-flow muffler in the middle of the cup pipe. Does that sound plausible?
I don't see why they couldn't. I have a Cabrio with cat delete, Cup Pipe, Stock Secondary Muffler, and a Cargraphic coffee can sized exhaust tip and never have I or anyone else complained with how loud it was. It sounds just right.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:12 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

agreed. i made a similar suggestion in post 4. it's possible that even a resonator would be sufficient.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Secondary Muffler