Sponsored by:

WTB 964

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 10:29 AM
MF993
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default WTB 964

Hey guys, I'm looking for an 964, ideally 92 or later, in a rare color combo (star ruby, mint, maritime blue, tahoe blue, oak green metallic, amethyst metallic, etc.) . I am looking for something that hasn't been too heavily modified, few owners, and low mileage ( although if it has higher mileage but a great service history and has been well maintained I will consider it). I understand the price points of what I am asking for and I don't need to check with my wife to pull the trigger, so feel free to throw out what you have in DM's. I am also open to purchasing from Europe or elsewhere.

If this thread should be limited to the marketplace please feel free to delete it, I just thought the real 964 owners will be in their own forum.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-28-2021, 03:13 PM
andrewjn
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

I know many aren’t high on Beverly Hills Car Club, but they have 2 coupes there that are interesting colors….
Old 06-28-2021, 03:49 PM
MF993
Rennlist Member

@andrewjn thanks so much fo the tip and I have seen both of those cars. They are in great colors, in fact Amethyst Pearl and Amethyst Metallic are two of my favorite colors. However, both of their cars are C4's and ideally I am looking for a C2. I could make an exception for a C4 if it was a wide body, jubi, or in mint or star ruby car but regular Amethyst or Amazon I don't think will do it for me. Beverly Hills car club gets some flack on here, however I think some of it is unjustified. You have to look at them for what they are, they aren't holding these cars out as being concours winners ( like dealers like Sloan, Holt, Trissl, etc. deal in) but most have a lot more "history" and are examples that are in need of love an considerable work. This doesnt mean that they arent good cars, you just have to look and say does the price of the car + the work that it will need allow me to come out where the rest of the market is. I have seen a few cars that show up on their website and are gone instantly. However, looking at those two cars, I think I would budget around 50-60K USD to bring them up to the level I would be comfortable with (maybe less maybe more) and then you are in for 130-140K on a C4, which at that level doesn't really make sense to pay for an 80K Mile C4. However, if they were priced at let's say 60K-65K asking, I think it would make 100% sense. All that being said really appreciate the tip.
Old 06-28-2021, 04:02 PM
NACHTBLAU
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Did @tonymission sell his mint C2 yet?
Old 06-28-2021, 04:19 PM
MF993
Rennlist Member

Yes, I reached out to tony about his mint C2, but it had already sold. That car was a Gem. His black ninemeister is pretty sick too.
Old 06-28-2021, 05:31 PM
NACHTBLAU
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MF993
Yes, I reached out to tony about his mint C2, but it had already sold. That car was a Gem. His black ninemeister is pretty sick too.
out of curiosity do you know what it sold for?
Old 06-28-2021, 06:09 PM
MF993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NACHTBLAU
out of curiosity do you know what it sold for?
I'll let @tonymission speak to that, if he wants, as I don't want to step out of turn. However, I will say that it was well bought and well sold, at least imo.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:14 PM
MF993
Rennlist Member

bump, still looking.
Old 07-05-2021, 08:51 AM
MF993
Rennlist Member

Bump, still looking, hit me up with what you got. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2021, 09:16 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 973 Likes on 634 Posts

this is the exact method i used to find mine. i rec'd replies from about 8-9 individual sellers/members looking to sell privately. a lot of sellers actually want to avoid the hysteria of the market today. i came close to closing on a couple, but wound up with the best of the bunch buying privately from a member on the east coast. i couldn't be happier with the car - even at the price.

keep looking, keep refreshing your post. i know there are several cars out there with owners looking for a private sale.
Old 07-07-2021, 10:48 AM
MF993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
this is the exact method i used to find mine. i rec'd replies from about 8-9 individual sellers/members looking to sell privately. a lot of sellers actually want to avoid the hysteria of the market today. i came close to closing on a couple, but wound up with the best of the bunch buying privately from a member on the east coast. i couldn't be happier with the car - even at the price.

keep looking, keep refreshing your post. i know there are several cars out there with owners looking for a private sale.
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement and advice, and that's great you were able to find your car through rennlist. The community has been really helpful to me so far in offering their advice on finding cars and their opinions on the ones that are available, and everyone I have reached out to has been overly generous with their time. It really has been a great experience so far, even though I have not found one yet. Hopefully it is just a matter of time before one comes available that checks the boxes. Thanks again, and I'll definitely share when I find the one!
Old 07-07-2021, 12:04 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 973 Likes on 634 Posts

i do know of one particular car that might be available. pm me with your colors, options, price range, etc. and i'll see if the seller is still interested in selling. he was in no hurry and our conversations lasted weeks, but his car was one of the final two i made my decision on. there is one more, but the seller had decided not to sell after the longest interaction i had with anyone. he was somewhat on the fence though. could be worth pursuing...
Old 07-07-2021, 12:11 PM
MF993
Rennlist Member

@rsabeebe thanks so much for the tip. I'll send you the info in DM. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2021, 12:17 AM
Castor Troy
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to butt in... BUTT I'm in the same boat, looking for a 964 c2 Coupe, minus the unique color desire...just a simple plain old black one. I'm literally scouring the country for a coupe in black so I'll let you know when I see one that has a unique color. Implore you and anyone to pls let me know if they have or know of a black coupe c2 for sale. thanks it's rough out here...
Old 07-08-2021, 01:10 AM
MF993
Rennlist Member

@Castor Troy we are in slightly different boats , but we are on the same ocean. I'm about to help hijack my own thread, but hope this helps. There are multiple black coupes available right now. If you want a C2 there was a nice looking black RS that was just listed in the US. Motorcar gallery has one too (I think its a C2 at least) it doesn't specify, and as it has been modded I can't tell, but the mods look nice if you like the more street style outlaw look. If you can settle for a C4. Beverly Hills Car Club has a C4 (with very low miles) and a C4 WTL (I believe it shows an accident on the right side) but has been repaired. PCR Classics has a nice C4 as well. Sloan motors has a black C4 as well listed (its higher mileage but sloan has a great rep so I wouldn't let the miles mess you up (and you aren't going to find too many low mile examples any more). If you are dead set on a C2, there are like 10 black C2's listed across Europe right now as well. These will take more work for you to have shipped over, but you can get any of them immediately, and a few of them are in very nice shape. If I wanted a black c2, I would just get the RS, but if you really want a C2, I would get one of the examples out of Europe, there are a few really nice looking examples. All in all the 964's are harder to find at the moment, but black ones are probably the most plentiful out there from what I have seen. C4's are still nice and unless you are deadset on a C2 that would be an easy route to take, and you could save some cash. I am sure that there are a few a few other black C2's that are out there in the US that are available to purchase from individuals, but I think you have some options right now, its just a matter of how far are you going to go to get one. If none of the ones I listed fit your bill, then you might want to clarify a little more on what it is you are looking for (price, mileage, mods, condition, years, etc.). Happy to help further in DM's, would prefer for my WTB not to get derailed, but I hope this helps some. The 964 world has gone from feast to famine, and we gotta stalk our prey these days. Good luck!

Quick Reply: WTB 964