Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very interesting 964 site... please check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 12:31 PM
JW Hubbers
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, there is a reserved space for a Bratwurst van there

Sabine had to close the Fuchsröhre because her landlord decided to double the rent. The result was that Sabine went to work at the Pistenklause, which is owned by her parents anyway
Even though the service at the Fuchsröhre sucked bigtime most of the time, it did have a special charm. With a bit of experience you could figure out what to order if you wanted your food within 60 minutes instead of having to wait 3 hours

Pistenklause also offers a Pizza Diabolo, so the Devil's pizza shouldn't be a problem

See you there!

Cheers,

JW
Old 04-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JW,

I read with interest your report on upgrading your brakes. Out of curiosity roughly how much did it cost for the later rear calipers + associated bits?

Jim.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Greg_L
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by JW Hubbers
Pistenklause also offers a Pizza Diabolo, so the Devil's pizza shouldn't be a problem
Phew . . . thank god !!
Old 04-06-2004, 03:01 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

That's where Paula, Rob and I are staying, in July.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:57 PM
JW Hubbers
Pro

Default Brake upgrade

Originally posted by Jim Howley
JW,

I read with interest your report on upgrading your brakes. Out of curiosity roughly how much did it cost for the later rear calipers + associated bits?

Jim.
I don't have access to the bill right now, but will look it up when I get home tomorrow.

Cheers,

JW
Old 04-06-2004, 03:58 PM
JW Hubbers
Pro

Originally posted by John Boggiano
That's where Paula, Rob and I are staying, in July.
I think I did even better: I'm sleeping in Sabine's own bed

Cheers,

JW
Old 04-06-2004, 03:58 PM
JW Hubbers
Pro

Originally posted by JW Hubbers
I think I did even better: I'll be sleeping in Sabine's own bed

Cheers,

JW
Old 04-06-2004, 04:02 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Cough/splutter/choke/gasp
Old 04-06-2004, 04:09 PM
JW Hubbers
Pro

Originally posted by John Boggiano
Cough/splutter/choke/gasp
Hehehehe

I'm serious, though
I'm afraid she won't be in the same bed, but I WILL be in her bed

Some friends of mine rented two furnished rooms in her house for the entire season. As I'm helping them a bit with various racing-related activities I can sublet a room if they're not using it

Cheers,

JW
Old 04-06-2004, 09:39 PM
JoeW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, JW and Arjan, for your rundown on costs -- but in spite of your efforts to convince us of the expense, JW, it sounds like a bargain! The tracks available here have none of the variety, little of the beauty, and all of the same costs for tires, pads, etc. I'm interested in the list of costs associated with an 'incident' -- very fair that those involved carry the brunt.

As a newcomer, and an outsider, I have to ask: who is Sabine? (I think I"m making you laugh as I've heard her mentioned with reverence and irreverence about equal to that for the Ring itself.) Joe W.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:12 AM
JW Hubbers
Pro

Default Sabine

Cost-wise the big difference is that if you lose it on the Ring, chances are very high that you'll hit something, with associated bodywork (or worse) costs and an armco-bill that starts around 800 euros. Just last week a friend of mine seriously damaged his Porsche 968CS. He has done more than 500 laps on the Ring and part of his job is testing the handling of cars...

Sabine is Sabine Schmitz, former BWM factory-driver, former winner of the 24-hours race at the Nürburgring, and fastest taxi driver in the world

A lap in the Ring Taxi is one of the more entertaining ways to experience the Ring. The only problem is getting a ride: the Taxi is booked solid about a year in advance...

She's also very funny

Cheers,

JW
Old 04-07-2004, 03:31 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Joe W, costs of a accident will be paid by my all risk insurance of the car. It'a no circuit, but a one way toll road, so public transportation busses and families drive there too. The for tires, fuel and brakes are not that high, depending how you drive. I am a more carefull driver, but I made a full 360 Degr. also last time. I braked on the engine on a wrong spot and dry track, but there it goes, nothing I could do. Nothing happened just a bit more tire noice [humhumhumhumhumhum] you know.

I am always afraid blowing my clutch or flywheel, because they are still factory fitted and Freudenberg produced.....

Talking about JW Hubbers......... when he passes me, it seems that I am standing still, especially in cruves, wel...... he is more experienced then me..... But for him, once he was standing next to the track last year, a guard rail was crossing the track...
Old 04-07-2004, 04:30 AM
JW Hubbers
Pro

Yes, there should be a law against crash barriers trying to cross the track right in front of you Especially when your brakes are mostly gone

Insurance companies are still insurance companies: their business is raking in the premiums while avoiding paying anything out. There have been (and will be) lots of cases where insurers refuse to pay. They'll have to pay for the third party damages, but it's not unheard off that the insurance company then tries to retrieve that money from the person causing the damage.

Cheers,

JW

Quick Reply: Very interesting 964 site... please check it out!