Sponsored by:

Passenger side front window

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 09:05 PM
Turboman3331
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side front window

Hi all, I have an issue with front side passenger window and appreciate any assistance. The driver's side window switch went bad and it blew fuse # 4 (window regulator). I replace the fuse, I replaced the bad switch with the passenger door side switch temporarily until a new switch comes in. Now only the passenger side window works. The passenger side window does not respond to the switch commands. Anyone have an idea what the issue could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:29 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Turboman3331
Hi all, I have an issue with front side passenger window and appreciate any assistance. The driver's side window switch went bad and it blew fuse # 4 (window regulator). I replace the fuse, I replaced the bad switch with the passenger door side switch temporarily until a new switch comes in. Now only the passenger side window works. The passenger side window does not respond to the switch commands. Anyone have an idea what the issue could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I’m not sure I understand which switch is working and which isn’t. I recall that the switch for the passenger window on the drivers side must be good for the passenger side switch to work.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:31 AM
mark lintott
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the same issue. Only my drivers window is open by about 4 inches and I can't get it back up. Is there any way of winding the window up for the short term or at least til I can figure out what the problem is..? The older models had an emergency crank handle I think.

I've changed switches around with known new ones, checked fuses etc so I assume I'm into a new motor for the window and that sounds rather spendy I think.

Any advice gratefully received..

Cheers
Mark
Old 12-24-2020, 04:59 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by mark lintott
I have the same issue. Only my drivers window is open by about 4 inches and I can't get it back up. Is there any way of winding the window up for the short term or at least til I can figure out what the problem is..? The older models had an emergency crank handle I think.

I've changed switches around with known new ones, checked fuses etc so I assume I'm into a new motor for the window and that sounds rather spendy I think.

Any advice gratefully received..

Cheers
Mark
Aftermarket motors are not expensive. This was my thread https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...-the-door.html

Quick Reply: Passenger side front window