ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes, there’s a bulb in the ****.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:58 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

yeah I can figure that out. I'll get switch in hand and meter it. if the 'abs cut' is the push button in and interrupt signal to the wire above, it'll be easy enough to figure out the light.
I don't mind if I get dash noise/warnings... :-)

Old 12-21-2020, 12:08 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Okie, switch in hand for a few weeks... need to plan out my approach to wire this in and put a big red button on the dash.

So the recommendation is to interrupt the terminal on relay R34 with Pin2, central electric C3.2 black wire. Easy enough, and should be easy enough to get the bulb to work...

I would be OK with the 'alarm' and dash lights. :-)

Question, though that wire harness @Bill Verburg looks a bit more complex than just interrupting the relay. Is that also going to the central informer or other devices?

Second question: Pics of stock location? I may put it where my fog light switch WAS.

Thanks

======================================================================== =====

From this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...d-to-tell.html

The fuse sounds like a smart idea. What that note is describing is a switch to remove power to ABS relay R34 coil by making the feed to relay pin2 ( contact 15 )from Central electric C32 ( black wire ) , switchable.God knows what would happen !On a C4 the ABS opens the diff locks etc for stability.Doesnt sound like anything I would try .
Geoff

It's really easy to do....Good idea to disconnect the battery first. Then open up the central electric box with fuses and relays. Undo the two screws holding the board down in the box. Lift the wire bundle and relay/fuse board out of the box and turn it over. Find plug C. You can easily remove the entire plug C, or, and I think easier, find the black wire at C3.2 (which, as I recall, is the only black wire on the C plug). At some point on the black wire cut it, and splice in a wire to both sides of the wire, which forms the two wires that you'll run to the ABS Disconnect switch. You might want to solder the connection and use shrink wrap tubing on each connection. If you have the Bosch switch, it's normal, connected position is with the switch out, then you tap it to disconnect the ABS. When the ABS is disconnected, the speedometer doesn't work. You'll also want to disconnect the klaxon horn that sounds (warning, warning, idiot, your ABS has failed) when the ABS is turned off. You may want to review wiring diagram 92 sheet 4 (C4 ABS) and sheet 4A (C2 ABS) in the factory manual. My quick read of it says that the C3.2 connection is the same on both C4 and C2.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:52 PM
Maxi_z
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by -nick

The clever RS?/RSR? solution was an in-line pressure activated switch to turn off the abs. If you’re spinning and abs is confused and preventing brake pressure to the calipers, then adding pedal pressure triggers the switch and the abs gets out of the way.
Any additional information about this in line pressure switch and eventually some picture of it?

and how it should be wired?

Thanks

Old 01-30-2022, 09:46 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

I have heard/read here about wiring in a cut off switch or a pull cable that shuts off the ABS. But, have not seen any information on an online RS pressure switch that would deactivate the ABS. I can confirm that the ABS keeps brakes from working in a spin (not desired) and full believe installing a cut off or by pass would be of great benefit. Short of deleting ABS and going to a twin Master Cylinder set up which is under serious consideration/
Old 01-30-2022, 05:26 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Euro Carrera Cup cars. USA Cup didn’t seem to get them. Should just act as a momentary switch at a preset pedal pressure.

Quick Reply: Disable ABS