Sponsored by:

964 RS Prices

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 07:14 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Andrews
You'll get quotes from $8k to $15k to ship by boat with insurance. depends if you are sharing a container, or how much logistical work is required to get it to port of origin. You'll want insurance and also you'll pay an import duty.
I agree and I would lean towards the higher end of that estimate for a $200k plus RS. Once you include duty and every other line item I couldn’t find an all in quote below $12k and i was skeptical of the service i was going to receive on the cheapest quote as the other proposals were far more thorough.
The following users liked this post:
Matt Andrews (07-04-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 02:41 PM
Barty964rst
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lava GT3
Really that’s interesting ! I see you’re in the UK. How does it cope with our roads ? Is it much stiffer/sharper than the Lightweight ?
Where are you based? UK??? If so I'm near Windsor and you are more than welcome to look over the N-GT, drive it and see what you think. The UK roads are bad for all RS versions, the N/GT has a factory seem welded cage, so there is very little flex in the chassis, significantly different to the Lightweight and Touring which although stiff are compliant. I would say that driving an N/GT is always an event and given its lightness a lot more fun on twisties or track. My best drives have been in the N/GT. Think I might go for a drive now!
Old 07-07-2020, 03:22 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Barty964rst
...Think I might go for a drive now!
Lucky guy!
Old 07-07-2020, 05:06 PM
Lava GT3
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Barty964rst
Where are you based? UK??? If so I'm near Windsor and you are more than welcome to look over the N-GT, drive it and see what you think. The UK roads are bad for all RS versions, the N/GT has a factory seem welded cage, so there is very little flex in the chassis, significantly different to the Lightweight and Touring which although stiff are compliant. I would say that driving an N/GT is always an event and given its lightness a lot more fun on twisties or track. My best drives have been in the N/GT. Think I might go for a drive now!
I live in South Bucks so not too far away. I’ll drop you a PM !
Old 07-07-2020, 07:51 PM
Lava GT3
Advanced

This looks like an interesting car for anyone in the market for one.....very low mileage car at what by European market standards is a cheap price, Asking price would be closer to $300k in Europe assuming it’s as good as it looks

https://roadscholars.com/current-off...-carrera-rs-2/
Old 07-07-2020, 08:18 PM
2000m2
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

This looks like an interesting car for anyone in the market for one.....very low mileage car at what by European market standards is a cheap price, Asking price would be closer to $300k in Europe assuming it’s as good as it looks

Wow, that car looks amazing!
Old 07-08-2020, 10:28 AM
mr. rpm
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

So on the car from Road Scholars AC was added after it left the factory as it is not a Touring version.....interesting
Old 07-08-2020, 11:05 AM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

its been for sale there for over a year and I looked at it before settling on a different car. its traded hands in North America a couple times. At one point it was purported to have had accident damage which is why it has had a full repaint. Road Scholars says they've been through it fully and can't see any evidence of repair work. They are a very reputable dealer / shop, so I believe them. But I still don't know what to believe on history.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:33 PM
PAOLOP
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

No aluminum doors on a RS
Old 07-11-2020, 09:56 AM
Lava GT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Matt Andrews
its been for sale there for over a year and I looked at it before settling on a different car. its traded hands in North America a couple times. At one point it was purported to have had accident damage which is why it has had a full repaint. Road Scholars says they've been through it fully and can't see any evidence of repair work. They are a very reputable dealer / shop, so I believe them. But I still don't know what to believe on history.
I didn’t see it had been painted. For a car of that mileage to have been painted there surely must be a story....I’d rather own a higher mileage car with original paint and a few stone chips. Because of how so many of these cars have been used original paint gives a lot of comfort.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:20 PM
blomman
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 2-Rotor
What do you think this RS will go for? https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/0...rera-rs/913729
That's my friends old car. He sold it around 2017.
Attached Images  
Old 07-12-2020, 08:34 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Is it me or does the back end of this car seem to droop a bit? Usually the rear bumper lines looks in plane with the rest of the lines on the car. This appears to slope downwards slightly.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:27 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

I didn’t see it had been painted. For a car of that mileage to have been painted there surely must be a story....I’d rather own a higher mileage car with original paint and a few stone chips. Because of how so many of these cars have been used original paint gives a lot of comfort.
Its a japanese car. Everything gets repainted over there. So the fact it has paint work doesn't by definition mean its not a good car. You said you want a car to drive - then I wouldn't personally pay a premium then for a car with all original paint.

Old 07-12-2020, 09:30 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
Is it me or does the back end of this car seem to droop a bit? Usually the rear bumper lines looks in plane with the rest of the lines on the car. This appears to slope downwards slightly.
You've made me walk around my car and look at other pictures online. I don't see what you are talking about, but you are the authority here. :P
Old 07-13-2020, 07:55 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

It could be an optical illusion. I am just catching a bit of a sag in the back end. It seems when I look at these there is a plane all the lines of the tub line up with. So if you placed a line along the top of the rockers the rear bumper should be parallel to it but seems there is a little downward angle. That was why I was asking if anyone else was catching that or if it is just my mind playing tricks on me. I don't have a way to draw lines on this device but I could be mistaken.

Quick Reply: 964 RS Prices