Sponsored by:

964 RS Prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 03:36 AM
Lava GT3
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2-Rotor
Prices that i have seen are all over the place. I was told by a classic porsche dealer that pricing for certain cars depends on desirable color and what type of condition the car is in. Dont forget these cars were pretty much track cars and may have been used hard and put away wet before realizing they were going up in value.
Yes...original numbered panels and paint cars are worth considerably more. These care were very cheap for a long time and were used (as they were intended to be) as track cars so a lot have been in accidents/damaged....or have had modifications. Most don’t see track use now as modern cars are so much quicker....they’re recognised as being superb machines on the road.

Cars that are as they left the factory are what people want...Maritime Blue and Rubystone are more expensive with PTS colours also very desirable.

Last edited by Lava GT3; 06-28-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:01 AM
mr. rpm
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Many many have had hard track use, accidents, paintwork, modifications, combinations of those issues etc. Many have been hastily shined up again to take advantage of a quick sale now that they have become more valuable. There are no bargains with these....the best examples bring strong money the lesser examples sell for far less....or they should....if you go just by price you will find yourself with many problems...not for amateurs.
The following users liked this post:
911Jetta (06-30-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 01:39 AM
revolution993
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts

I can source you a RS NGT very rare grand prix white low km museum condition.
PM me if interested.

thanks!
Old 06-29-2020, 06:54 PM
Lava GT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by revolution993
PM me if interested.

thanks!
Thanks but I do not want an NGT !
Old 06-30-2020, 09:58 AM
Barty964rst
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lava GT3
Thanks but I do not want an NGT !
Worth considering as far better than standard RS in terms of handling.Owned Touring and N/GT versions and driven Lightweight many times.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:55 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,658 Likes on 2,326 Posts

Originally Posted by revolution993
PM me if interested.

thanks!
that's a nice one. I think I know the DR who worships it
Old 07-03-2020, 02:07 PM
2-Rotor
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

What do you think this RS will go for? https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/0...rera-rs/913729
Old 07-03-2020, 02:40 PM
Lava GT3
Advanced

What do you think this RS will go for? https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/0...rera-rs/913729
Hard to know given the lack of info. No service history details, whether its original panels and paint and what the service history is. Cars that have a low mileage, full service history and claim they’re all original/no accidents could be comfortably be bought for Eur200k/$250k in Europe currently. If a car has been painted you’re looking at 20% less.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:44 PM
Lava GT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Barty964rst
Worth considering as far better than standard RS in terms of handling.Owned Touring and N/GT versions and driven Lightweight many times.
Really that’s interesting ! I see you’re in the UK. How does it cope with our roads ? Is it much stiffer/sharper than the Lightweight ?
Old 07-03-2020, 02:47 PM
2-Rotor
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Lava GT3
Hard to know given the lack of info. No service history details, whether its original panels and paint and what the service history is. Cars that have a low mileage, full service history and claim they’re all original/no accidents could be comfortably be bought for Eur200k/$250k in Europe currently. If a car has been painted you’re looking at 20% less.
How much would you say if someone were to look at an RS and find that the engine had been replaced but the transmission was original. So in other words non matching engine original trans but excellent service history body panels/paint original.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:06 PM
Lava GT3
Advanced

How much would you say if someone were to look at an RS and find that the engine had been replaced but the transmission was original. So in other words non matching engine original trans but excellent service history body panels/paint original.
Hard to say but I think you’d be looking at 30% less. Inference from a new engine is obviously that the car either hasn’t been looked after or been driven very,very hard.

They’re not particularly rare cars in Europe. There are probably 30 plus for sale so think it would be very difficult to sell.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:58 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

My bet is it doesn't get to the reserve - what ever that is. The market for a 140k/km RS has got to be pretty small. Black is one of the less in demand colors. Car looks to be in Sweden? When I was going through my purchase process, I looked at cars of this standard - great drivers cars - but the discount over a no stories lower miles one just wasn't worth it to me.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

I was told in europe, the # matching thing doesn't matter as much as it does in the US. It may not be true, but I was told that resale of a non-matching #'s 964 RS here is the states is really difficult. Not sure it its true, but it made me pass on a really nice car that I would have otherwise loved that was here in the US. it did then sell with non-matching #s, but I do not know for how much.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:05 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to import a 964RS if purchased in europe to bring here to the US?
You'll get quotes from $8k to $15k to ship by boat with insurance. depends if you are sharing a container, or how much logistical work is required to get it to port of origin. You'll want insurance and also you'll pay an import duty.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:18 PM
Lava GT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Matt Andrews
I was told in europe, the # matching thing doesn't matter as much as it does in the US. It may not be true, but I was told that resale of a non-matching #'s 964 RS here is the states is really difficult. Not sure it its true, but it made me pass on a really nice car that I would have otherwise loved that was here in the US. it did then sell with non-matching #s, but I do not know for how much.
All I can say regarding Europe if that there is definitely a different price point for cars that are not 100% original. There are a lot of cars that have had proper use but they are at a totally different price point form the 100% original cars. The trouble is with the cars that have been used as they are meant to be is that they fall into an awkward price point. They are arguably not really quick enough for track days now and they're too expensive to be used as pure dedicated track cars for a lot of people. So the track guys don't want them, the collectors don't want them....I want to buy one to use but would rather not buy one that's done 100k km on track because of wear and tear. I'd rather buy one with say 50k km on it that's been used but the engine and gearbox are hopefully a long way from needing serious work.

Quick Reply: 964 RS Prices