964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise suppressor fitting

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Rushjob
Advanced

Location: The depths of Sherwood Forest, UK or if you're really unlucky, sat in your mirrors
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise suppressor fitting

Having an annoying engine speed related noise in the background when listening to music, I've done the usual checks to ensure my earth (ground )connections are good & it still remains.
Having checked out Adrians book, and also searched the archives here, I have now purchased a noise suppressor ( 965 645 011 00 ) as fitted to the later models.
I know it lives in the engine compartment electrical panel, but can anyone give me a hint as to where it actually connects?
A photo would be great if someone with a later car could oblige, or any info from someone having successfully retrofitted one would be a great help.
Cheers
Andy
Old 03-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Rushjob
Advanced

Location: The depths of Sherwood Forest, UK or if you're really unlucky, sat in your mirrors

Do you ever feel stupid- asking a question before you've checked everything?
Turns out I had the answer all along!
You will also need a wiring harnesss 964 645 901 00.
Cheers
Andy
Old 03-08-2004, 05:05 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Rushjob
Do you ever feel stupid- asking a question before you've checked everything?
Yes, many times.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:07 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey, here's a real dumb thought on the noise source. I had once replaced some old components attached to my stereo (on my 964 actually) and had removed the amp from under the passenger seat. While waiting for the next weekend to finish the wiring I had a horrible engine whine through the stereo. Turned out that the stereo still the pre-amp cables coming out of it headed towars the amp which was no longer, and just lying on the floorboard under the seat. The contact of the rca connectors to the floor/ground was enough to cause all sorts of havoc. Unplugged them from the stereo and it went away.

Again, just a dumb thought for a problem that hit me - maybe 1 in 100 that it duplicated itself to you. Hope it helps.

Quick Reply: Noise suppressor fitting