Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 11:57 AM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Trick on the rubber boots.

Outside: To get rid of the nasty white powder that is used to preserve them from Porsche, I clean with a soft toothbrush and Adams Tire and Rubber. Rinse of with water, repeat and then let it dry and apply your favorite rubber or vinyl treatment.

Flip the boot inside out, you'll see a big rubber block, I like to cut about 40-50% of this block off with a sharp exacto knife, make sure its a flat cut to prevent ripping. With a little bit of water based lubricant or dielectric grease in the open, you can stretch and pull down on the boot and get it to slide over the shifter in the car (it will stretch enough to even accommodate the Rothsport shifter with integrated ****).

Swine11 ReBoot - 964 / 993 Shift Boot Trim Panel

2004 996 GT3 | 1986 Carrera 3.2 (future Keen Project) | 2016 Cayenne Diesel

Old 04-22-2020, 12:37 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by onelove
Trick on the rubber boots.

Outside: To get rid of the nasty white powder that is used to preserve them from Porsche, I clean with a soft toothbrush and Adams Tire and Rubber. Rinse of with water, repeat and then let it dry and apply your favorite rubber or vinyl treatment.

Flip the boot inside out, you'll see a big rubber block, I like to cut about 40-50% of this block off with a sharp exacto knife, make sure its a flat cut to prevent ripping. With a little bit of water based lubricant or dielectric grease in the open, you can stretch and pull down on the boot and get it to slide over the shifter in the car (it will stretch enough to even accommodate the Rothsport shifter with integrated ****).
Good advice! When is your shift **** coming out?

Quick Reply: Short Shift kit for C4