Window alignment on Targa

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 08:01 PM
targatime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window alignment on Targa

The window on the right side of my car doesn't seal quite right. My problem occurs when the window is in the full up position and and the door is opened...then closed. The window gets hung up on the top seal for the targa top. ( I would expect this might happen on cabs too.)

To correct the problem...once the door is closed... I've been rolling the window down an inch then putting it up..problem gone.

I just had my top repaired by Dave Brown (he did a perfect job..it is absolutely like new now). He said the seals were good and that the windows have an adjustment in them.

Any advice on how to do that...is it difficult.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes there is a procedure in the workshop manual for the Targa and Cab. They have an extra stop. I am not sure if this procedure will work for this particular problem.
I can send it to you if you give me an email address and can open a pdf file.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 03-02-2004, 06:57 AM
BLUE C2
Intermediate

Adrian.
Please may I have a copy of the pdf proceedure as I have got the same issue and have only made a little progress with trial and error.
Thanks.
Blue C2
ian.lovett@zytek.co.uk.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:21 AM
danielheren
Advanced

Me as well Adrian.

Thanks

danielheren_2000@yahoo.com
Old 03-04-2004, 12:05 PM
investlt
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

targatime,

How quiet is your car with the restored top? I am about ready to send mine off to Dave.

Adrian,
If it is not a problem, could I get a copy of the pdf. Just in case after my restore I run into the same issue as targatime. TIA.

investlt@yahoo.com
Old 03-04-2004, 11:14 PM
danielheren
Advanced

The PDF procedure states that it starts with model year 94'. Is this true? If so, is my 91' not adjustable?
Old 03-05-2004, 12:03 AM
targatime
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll report in once I've driven the car with the refinished top...it looks perfect though.

Trending Topics

Old 03-05-2004, 09:48 AM
investlt
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Roly Baldwin
Racer

I just fixed this problem on a cab today. Sorry - but I didn't take any pictures. I don't know which part of the manual Adrian is referring so forgive me if there's duplication.

Once the door card and membrane are removed you will be able to see a bolt head through an aperture near the centre of the door. The position of the bolt (or rather the stop it bolts to) controls the limit of window travel. Use a 13mm spanner to undo it. CAREFULLY set the window to the position that will allow it to shut without catching the seal and minimise wind noise. Then, ensuring the stop is tight on the mechanism, tighten the bolt.

If you have problems with one end of the window being higher than the other you can also change the angle of the window by adjusting (up and down) the bolt in the bottom right corner of the door. It should be obvious as it's clearly attached to the winding mechanism. Only tiny adjustments are needed.

Hope it helps but if you need more, please email me whilst it's still clear in my mind

Cheers,

Quick Reply: Window alignment on Targa