Sponsored by:

Antigravity Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 10:55 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
One month in with a ATX-30RS, and no issues so far. The car sat all week, then immediately fired up Saturday morning.
Also had a 5 lb. 680CCA Battery Tender for almost two years before this battery.
Why did you choose that battery? That doesn't seem to be what their website recommends. I am at the end of my rope with the porsche motorsport batteries and am ready to buy something else. My cup car never sees below 50deg F, and has nothing other than a starter, AC, and headlights. It does sit for weeks at a time, but I can get a tender. How did you mount this smaller battery - don't 964's use a H6/Group 48 size? The weight is attractive to me, and so is the .

Matt
Old 10-02-2019, 12:01 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Andrews
Why did you choose that battery? That doesn't seem to be what their website recommends. I am at the end of my rope with the porsche motorsport batteries and am ready to buy something else. My cup car never sees below 50deg F, and has nothing other than a starter, AC, and headlights. It does sit for weeks at a time, but I can get a tender. How did you mount this smaller battery - don't 964's use a H6/Group 48 size? The weight is attractive to me, and so is the .

Matt
  • Checkout some of the past AntiGravity posts about the ATX30 (this forum and the 991 GT3), it can easily start any Porsche, it just depends on how long the car sits and what accessory load it's running.
  • I run the car weekly, with only few accessories (AC, and headlights)
  • I had successfully used a similar product for two years, a Battery Tender 680CC. I saw this as an updated version of that.
  • Saving 40 lbs is huge (even off the front of a 911)
  • I shaped a strap to go around the battery, with the whole thing bolting to the original battery tie down bolt (sits very snug, see pics)
  • Anti G makes there own battery mount (very nice)
  • No modifications to the wiring was needed.
  • It doesn't get that cold in N.C. in the winter...
  • They have accessories that allow you to monitor battery level through Bluetooth.
I don't have any good pics of the current set up, but the set up is similar to what I used to secure the B.T.:

Quick Reply: Antigravity Batteries