where can i buy these rear pads?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 10:27 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
The Pagid/Textar pads from FCP Euro (silver backplate) squeal waaaaaaay less than the Textar with the black backplate.
Do you have the compound number for each?
Old 08-29-2019, 10:43 PM
RW964
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a follow up to this post I picked up a set of Textar pads front and rear changed the pads out given to me from a friend and the Textar pads are horrible on dust has anyone gone through this. I am thinking about putting the old pads back on. 500 miles and the rear wheels are covered in dust. No noise what so ever. Sent the fronts back did not want to take the chance. Going to ask H what kind of pads he gave me . Good luck with your ... Always nice to read and have others help out
Old 08-30-2019, 08:27 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

So which pad compound did you buy?

The TMD Friction group of 8 brake pad companies supplying a good portion of the automotive industry Consisting of Pagid, Textar, Mintex, Nisshinbo and others are the Supplier of pads to Porsche. Although the compounds I believe are proprietary to Porsche and if you are buying either the Textar or Pagid pads they are different than what you get from Porsche. I have pads from Porsche for my Big black application and they have the Textar markings and black back plates. They don't squeal at all but do generate a lot of dust. I ran Pagid Yellow on my Boxster GTS for track use and they barely squealed and then switched to Ferodo which is part of the Federal Mogul Motorsports group which owns Champion, Beru, Glyco, Wagner and about 10 other companies. I have friends who run the Ferodo's and has no squeal issue for street use but after having the pagid yellows for so long on my current rotors these now squeal all the time. The pagid imbedded material seems to not like the Ferodo's so I am going to swap rotors since they are tired.

Let us know what pad compound you purchased and if they dust a lot. I might consider replacing my pads on my C2 if I don't have to clean my Fikse's as often. Those FM-10's are a bear to keep clean.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 230 Posts

OK,

here are the pictures from the marking on the two different pads:
a) the silver "no squealing" pads (Pagid/Textar)

and now the squealing pads with the black backplate

Last edited by Hatzenbach; 09-02-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Quick Reply: where can i buy these rear pads?