Sponsored by:

Rare Carrera 4 Rs Lightweight For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 08:57 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by BRIAN BURROWS
Wanna check what I actually wrote again?
Can't of course - mostly deleted...
Old 02-18-2004, 09:03 AM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to labour the point . . . but I REALLY don't like the idea that you're suggesting I'm tarring everyone on rennlist with the same brush . . . because I'm not . . .

On at least two occasions of the VZi thread that Uncle Keef sent you the link to I said

"Actually, I'm being unfair . . . there ARE some guys who know their stuff on that forum . . . it's just there's a couple of Cyber Villages who misplaced their IDIOTS is all "

or similar . . .

So just for the record . . . and so no-one else gets the wrong idea or gets on my case . . .

My anger/disappointment was ONLY directed at/towards Christer and Irish Driver . . . and I'm sure that's not gonna come as a surprise to anyone who's read ths thread . . .

I even apologised to Christer (on here) . . . but he wouldn't let it drop . . . read back on this thread . . . you'll see . . .

No-one else AT ALL was mentioned in a bad light

Please read what is THERE . . . not what you THINK is there

Thanks

Brian
Old 02-18-2004, 09:07 AM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Originally posted by robmug
Can't of course - mostly deleted...
Huh?

I meant on the VZi thread?

Irishdriver is trying to suggest that I was 'dissing' this whole place . . .

Simply NOT TRUE!!

Regards,

Brian
Old 02-18-2004, 09:10 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by BRIAN BURROWS
Huh?

I meant on the VZi thread?

Doh - sorry!
Old 02-18-2004, 09:33 AM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Originally posted by robmug
Doh - sorry!
Rob . . . I'm not denying my initial "Can I respectfully suggest you STFU till you know . . . etc." reply to Christer's first post on here WAS rude . . . it was MEANT to be . . .

However, I DID apologise for my tone . . . a few pages back . . . remember . . .

I thought his "LOL" post was disrespectful and uncalled for . . . IMHO if someone is 'advertising' a car for sale . . . then any responses should surely be question based . . . if Personally, I think St Michael Knitwear is overpriced . . . I don't rush into Marks & Spencers laughing at the sales girls and telling them that their cardies are too dear . . . I just don't buy 'em . . . see my point?

It's also VERY obvious that Christer thought I was talking about a regular C4 . . . which is OK . . . we can ALL get the wrong end of the stick . . .

In hindsight (that wonderful gift that always arrives too late ) . . . I WOULD have been better ignoring him . . . but I'm only human . . . and I reacted . . .

As I said . . . I apologised . . . and the removal/editing of my initial posts was ALSO because I realised I'd REACTED . . .

Irishdriver was a different point in case . . . IMO . . . there was absolutely NO NEED for him to get on my case . . .

If you read back thru' this thread . . .with an open mind . . . ignoring who is who or who you know . . . you will see that EVERY one of my retorts is just THAT . . . a RESPONSE to an earlier 'dig' . . . NOT the other way round . . . please put yourself in MY shoes for five minutes and read Christer's and Irish Drivers' posts as if you were ME . . .

I didn't come on here to pick a fight . . . I was just trying to sell a car that I thought might be of interest to 'rennlist' members . . . that's all . . . nothing more, nothing less . . .

YES . . . I 'bit' . . . and I've apologised . . . I'm also of the opinion that I'm not the only one on this thread that should be apologising tho' . . . anyway, lesson learned

I just wanted it clear to others on rennlist that I WASN'T dissing EVERYONE . . . I hope that's become apparent . . .

OK?

So let's just leave it eh?

Christer and Irish can take me off their Xmas Card list and I'll do likewise . . .

There's no need for any more unpleasantness . . .

I got some cars to sell . . .

Kind regards,

Brian
Old 02-18-2004, 09:54 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with everything Brian has said. Whilst this is one of the longer threads on Rennlist and we all want to be part of a new record, I think this one has got enough coverage on other boards. In fact, it is ironic that I am actually called alot worse by Brian's mates on another forum, after having pointed out that Brian has been voiciferous here!

Anyway, just one last point. I have reiterated many times that I did know a little about the C4RS, many Rennlisters here will remember past discussions about it especially around the time 911P&W came out with the article. I do and have admitted that I know nothing more about the model than was in the article and what has been discussed here before. The sole purpose of my initial post on this thread was to say 'F**k me, I would never pay that sort of money personally'. I have tried since then to get more info from you Brian about how the price of these rare models are decided, but in light of our bad start on this thread I guess you thought I was taking the ****, and although this is not the case I understand your reaction.

Greetings to Volksworld!
Old 02-18-2004, 10:08 AM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Originally posted by Christer
I agree with everything Brian has said. Whilst this is one of the longer threads on Rennlist and we all want to be part of a new record, I think this one has got enough coverage on other boards. In fact, it is ironic that I am actually called alot worse by Brian's mates on another forum, after having pointed out that Brian has been voiciferous here!

Anyway, just one last point. I have reiterated many times that I did know a little about the C4RS, many Rennlisters here will remember past discussions about it especially around the time 911P&W came out with the article. I do and have admitted that I know nothing more about the model than was in the article and what has been discussed here before. The sole purpose of my initial post on this thread was to say 'F**k me, I would never pay that sort of money personally'. I have tried since then to get more info from you Brian about how the price of these rare models are decided, but in light of our bad start on this thread I guess you thought I was taking the ****, and although this is not the case I understand your reaction.

Greetings to Volksworld!
Fair enough dude . . .

I appreciate your honesty . . .

As for the car (C4RS) . . . it looks like it's going to a collector in the States . . . New Jersey to be precise . . . AND without the cash being in the bank just yet, as it were . . . not counting chickens . . . I got my asking price

Reading some of your 'other' replies on here regarding 'collectors cars/prices' etc . . . I'll TRY and shed some light . . . I ONLY own 'mint' or 'very original' cars . . . and in most cases 'rare' too . . . (not VERY rare) . . . things like '73 RSs (I've had 16) and Carrera Cup cars etc.

I can honestly say, hand on heart . . . I've NEVER lost money on a single one . . . by the very nature of their collectability . . . prices tend to hold up . . .

So, YES . . . they CAN operate like currency . . . and regularly do . . . changing hands between various collectors . . . and very rarely depreciating in value . . .

Sorry we got off to a bad start . . .

I wish you well Christer

*holds out hand for virtual handshake*

Regards,

Brian

PS: I regularly drive ALL my Porsches (with the exception of the afforementioned C4RS . . . although I put 10 of those kilometres on it ) . . . I have my favourites obviously . . . but ALL of them are regularly driven throughout the summer. I'm getting out of the UK . . . need to kick back a bit . . . and the properties in France won't stand a garage like I have now (100ft x 36ft) . . . so I have to let some of them go . . . hence this thread . . . if you can remember that far back
Old 02-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Brian when you gonna post a picture of all these rare cars you got.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Brian

Thanks for the additional info. Although not as detailed as I hoped, I do find it fascinating how people price rare commodities. You have to understand that I work in an industry where the 'price' and how that price is discovered is king. In the world of rare car collectors, perhaps it really does boil down to looking in one's wallet and seeing if you have enough?

For the benefit of Volksworld readers, I do actually own a Porsche. It is not quite as rare as any of Brian's cars - but whose is? I am not convinced that all of you own VW's though......? Come on, who owns a Civic?

Old 02-18-2004, 10:36 AM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Originally posted by Doug H
Brian when you gonna post a picture of all these rare cars you got.
Hi Doug,

I don't have pics of them all fellah!

I'll dig out what I have and put 'em up here . . . if that's OK?

This is a 964 Forum tho' . . . most of mine are early stuff . . . no-one will get on my case will they?

For starters . . . here's my Club Sport that I just sold (part of my impending 'move' culling )

It was a VERY low-mileage never-raced example . . .

Also . . . here in the UK . . . the Porsche Club usually has ONE big show . . . it moves around the country a bit . . . when it was at Highclere Castle a couple of years ago . . . Fred Hampton asked me to help with his Classic Display . . .

This is how I got most of them there . . .

I drove a couple there too

Regards,

Brian
Old 02-18-2004, 10:53 AM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Doug,

As I'm sure you already know . . . Porsche made 1580 '73 RSs . . . a handful of which were 'specials' . . . owned and run by The Family (Louise Piech etc.)

The metallic green car was Ferry's own RS . . . and a prototype . . . it had 'black' brightwork and different 'trim' etc. It also had prototype seats that eventually evolved into those that appeared in '74 cars etc.

The Blood Orange car is a one-owner 'T' with THREE service books . . . EVERY 'stamp' from 1972

I like carb cars when I'm in the mood . . .

The Yellow RS is my all-time favourite . . . it's a M472 (Tourer) . . . it was Ferdinand Piech's car back in '73/'74

You'll note by reading the 'inscription' on the rear . . . my tone isn't restricted to 'car forums'

If you want more . . . just holler . . .

Regards,

Brian
Old 02-18-2004, 11:02 AM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

The garage I mentioned earlier . . .

That was literally the day I finished building it . . . looks a little different now . . . Posters 'n' stuff on the walls etc.

Old 02-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Are you a sales person or do you own all of these cars. Are you a business? For instance, are these kept a central location that operates under a business name where one could view them on a show room floor. What business name du you operate under and do you have contact information. That's a heck of a lot of nice Porsches.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:45 AM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

No Doug . . .

I'M NOT . . . nor NEVER have been a car dealer . . .

Just a very passionate Porsche enthusiast . . . who keeps his pension money in Stuttgart 'Metal' rather than a crappy pension fund

This is what I do . . .

BRIZEY DID ALL THIS??!!??

And here's a couple of RS Lightweights . . .

Old 02-18-2004, 12:13 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

I am considering a 73 RS. If you can cut me a good deal and get it to me, tell me were to send the check . . .

Quick Reply: Rare Carrera 4 Rs Lightweight For Sale