Sponsored by:

Rare Carrera 4 Rs Lightweight For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug, when you purchased your 996 C2, I remember saying to my wife - if I already had the new TT, 964 cab and SUV, my next porsche would have to be a classic - something to love & cherish for pure joy of ownership, even if its rarely driven.

I was watching the 30 year anniversary video (did they do a 40 year?) last week (which is great if you havent seen it) they show absolutely mint, showroom condition classics and I have to say that it gets my spine tingling!I could honestly enjoy just backing some of those beauties down the driveway for a detailing once every couple of weeks and be perfectly content just sitting and staring at them! <lets out large sigh>

Anyway, your collection would look fantastic with a classic added to it!

--Howard <--------$0.02
Old 02-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Brian - sleeve art eh? Very cool stuff - ever use a porsche for a cover?

OT, but somewhat related - I'm in communications for a large company and do some graphic design stuff from time to time. Yesterday I was asked to do a multimedia piece showing "our processes getting leaner through reducing rework" and so I came up with an engine diagram and a picture of my car - cylinders are the high level processes and as it animates, the engine burns cleaner over time...showing a reduction in our rework factories (represented by smoke from the engine)...am I obsessed????

--H
Old 02-18-2004, 12:49 PM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Doug H
I am considering a 73 RS. If you can cut me a good deal and get it to me, tell me were to send the check . . .
Doug,

I've got TWO '73s for sale . . .

A fairly rare RHD Metallic Blue Tourer (pic below) . . . it's in perfect (like new) condition . . . but I'm guessing the RHD might put you off . . .

And the White/Red Lightweight above (or on page 9 ) BB 222 is for sale . . . this car has all the correct stuff . . . matching numbers . . . genuine original lightweight interior, Matter half-cage, period Schroth harnesses etc.

I'm looking at £80,000 (English pounds) for each of them . . . not cheap . . . especially as your Mr Bush has devalued the dollar to help U.S. productivity/export . . . but you really would struggle to find similar quality cars (IMHO )

If you're seriously interested I could check out shipping etc. Maybe some of the Stateside rennlist members could fill you in on U.S. duties/taxes etc. I know what they come to in the UK but I've no idea how much your Government charges on imports

The guy who's in the process of buying the C4RS . . . is organising his own shipping etc. to New Jersey/New York . . . I could ask him about taxes etc, I suppose.

Regards,

Brian

PS: The 'other' blue car in the pics is a '70 2.2S . . . ally panels etc. A real pocket rocket
Old 02-18-2004, 12:54 PM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Originally posted by Kahdmus
Brian - sleeve art eh? Very cool stuff - ever use a porsche for a cover?

OT, but somewhat related - I'm in communications for a large company and do some graphic design stuff from time to time. Yesterday I was asked to do a multimedia piece showing "our processes getting leaner through reducing rework" and so I came up with an engine diagram and a picture of my car - cylinders are the high level processes and as it animates, the engine burns cleaner over time...showing a reduction in our rework factories (represented by smoke from the engine)...am I obsessed????

--H
Kahdmus . . .

I guess we're ALL a little obsessed eh?

Never used a Porsche on a sleeve . . . but I DID use my '56 T-Bird (another passion of mine ) for a 'Rock 'n' Roll Instrumentals' album cover . . .

Did they 'get' the engine/rework anology? Or did it go over their heads?

Regards,

Brian
Old 02-18-2004, 01:26 PM
adewatson
Instructor

Brian

Awesome collection.

It must have been equally as hard to locate so many "BB" cherished numberplates,

Good luck with the move and culling the collection,

Best regards

Adrian
Old 02-18-2004, 01:36 PM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Originally posted by adewatson
Brian

Awesome collection.

It must have been equally as hard to locate so many "BB" cherished numberplates,

Good luck with the move and culling the collection,

Best regards

Adrian
Thanks Ade

As you know . . . the right number plates . . . in the UK at least . . . can be an investment too

I'm REALLY gutted to lose the cars

But needs must and all that

Bri
Old 02-18-2004, 02:00 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nearly 4000 views in 2 days - whew!
Old 02-18-2004, 02:01 PM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Originally posted by Ruairidh
Nearly 4000 views in 2 days - whew!
I think at least TWELVE of those viewers may have been 'Volkszoners' LOL
Old 02-18-2004, 02:08 PM
ian c - u.k

hey brian
know of any early cars for sale that neede restoring ??
i'm gonna need a project for next winter
Old 02-18-2004, 02:14 PM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Hi Ian,

Sorry . . . I don't, dude . . .

Only what's in 911 & Porsche World and stuff . . .

Unless you fancy a very solid (and complete) 356 Coupe that needs paint and detailing?

A mate of mine is selling it . . . around £7K I believe?

Bri
Old 02-18-2004, 02:17 PM
ian c - u.k

thanks mate
can you mail me his details ?
enty21@aol.com
Old 02-18-2004, 02:24 PM
dove
Banned

Great collection Brian,Must be nice to now own the cars once owned by some very special Porsche people.
Your photos make me hanker for a classic.

Paul
Old 02-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by BRIAN BURROWS
Kahdmus . . .

I guess we're ALL a little obsessed eh?

Never used a Porsche on a sleeve . . . but I DID use my '56 T-Bird (another passion of mine ) for a 'Rock 'n' Roll Instrumentals' album cover . . .

Did they 'get' the engine/rework anology? Or did it go over their heads?

Regards,

Brian
Yes, probably true!!

Well, when you do a Porsche sleeve, I'll definately buy the album - even if it sucks (music not the cover) - its a challenge!

Waiting to see the results of my labor after it gets reviewed today - sometimes just telling folks its a clever analogy gets their "buy-in" - its like "The Emporers New Clothes" effect!! LOL!

Do you have a gallery anywhere online with more of your pics uploaded...they are great to look at! I LOVE the classic lines..really wonderful stuff!

--Howard
Old 02-18-2004, 02:46 PM
adewatson
Instructor

Brian,

Very true. I bought C2 ADE 5 years ago with a view to one day owning a suitable car to display it upon.

I'm pleased to say that both the number plate and the car ('93 C2 Coupe Black/Grey leather) have so far proved sound investments and far more entertaining than those I recommend to clients!

Regards

Adrian
Old 02-18-2004, 03:00 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Brian,

I was going to ask you this question way back in the mists of time, but you disappeared before I got the chance.

I'm curious to know what it is about the early Porsches that motivated you to create a collection like this. Is your enthusiasm first and foremost for VW and Porsche by association as a sort of 'cream of the crop', or is it early Porsches per se that is the fix and the VWs are brought in via them?

Which was the first Porsche in the collection and when did you buy it? Do you still have it?

I don't wish to make Rennlist sound like the beginning and end of Porsche enthusiasm (even though it is!), but I don't know of a better Porsche forum (and I have seen/used quite a few) so why does such an accomplished Porschephile and collector not show himself here more often?

(Start of this thread notwithstanding!)

Quick Reply: Rare Carrera 4 Rs Lightweight For Sale