Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen - 1992 Oak Metallic Green C2 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:14 PM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 254 Posts

I felt bad for you OP hopefully you got enough insurance coverage to satisfy the loss and maybe replace it with something better. Sometimes a simple and cheap deterrent works like a battery disconnect system or a quick release steering wheel, but if the thief wants your car bad he'll take it even if it's in your bedroom.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:23 PM
tct118
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear OP. Hopefully it's found soon. I'll keep an eye out!
Old 06-13-2019, 09:12 PM
USVintage
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to share some very good news. The LAPD found my car and it's in pretty good shape. The thief popped the lock on the door and destroyed the ignition but otherwise it looks to be in good shape. Tomorrow it goes to TLG where Marco will perform a proper assessment but as the detective told me, "I've been doing this a long time and as outcomes go it doesn't get much better than this." Thanks to the community for the support and kind words and thanks to the LAPD for acting quickly. On the retribution side of the scale the thief was nowhere near the car when it was covered so he is still out there. The Detective thought the car may have been targeted so be vigilant. I know I will be from now on.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:19 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2swoosh
I felt bad for you OP hopefully you got enough insurance coverage to satisfy the loss and maybe replace it with something better. Sometimes a simple and cheap deterrent works like a battery disconnect system or a quick release steering wheel, but if the thief wants your car bad he'll take it even if it's in your bedroom.
True, but if a thief or anybody for that matter is in my house/bedroom they’re gonna be staring down the business end Benelli M4 with OOO buck.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:21 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by USVintage
I want to share some very good news. The LAPD found my car and it's in pretty good shape. The thief popped the lock on the door and destroyed the ignition but otherwise it looks to be in good shape. Tomorrow it goes to TLG where Marco will perform a proper assessment but as the detective told me, "I've been doing this a long time and as outcomes go it doesn't get much better than this." Thanks to the community for the support and kind words and thanks to the LAPD for acting quickly. On the retribution side of the scale the thief was nowhere near the car when it was covered so he is still out there. The Detective thought the car may have been targeted so be vigilant. I know I will be from now on.
Wow!! That’s amazing man...can you share more details as to where and how it was recovered????? Huge congrats and Marco is the best in the biz, it’ll be tip top in no time. 👍 very happy for you.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Happy your car came back to you and glad the damage appears to be minimal.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:54 PM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 78 Posts

Let’s make sure we park in the garage.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:13 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Congrats. Please share some details, if you can, about how and where the car was found. Useful for LA residents, I would think. Best and quickest solution I've read on this topic at RL.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:51 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Ralph3.
Let’s make sure we park in the garage.
Ya think ? 🙄
Old 06-14-2019, 12:53 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by br911
Congrats. Please share some details, if you can, about how and where the car was found. Useful for LA residents, I would think. Best and quickest solution I've read on this topic at RL.
Absolutely I’m dying to know more since this is literally a mile or so from me.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:11 AM
964Luftballoon
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
True, but if a thief or anybody for that matter is in my house/bedroom they’re gonna be staring down the business end Benelli M4 with OOO buck.
This and many other "military style rifles" to choose from LOL.

Originally Posted by USVintage
That is awesome news! Glad everything turned out no worse for wear and it didn't end up at a chop shop or whatever. Hope they catch the scum bucket!
Old 06-14-2019, 11:45 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

So glad they found the car in decent shape... that has to be pretty rare!!

Originally Posted by Infinite1
This and many other "military style rifles" to choose from LOL.
LOL, that + an AR, a mossberg, tons of handguns, a pitbull, 11 video cameras with night vision. My garage also has two interior motion sensors + two exterior, two glass break sensors at the windows and a sensor on the garage door opening. You might say I'm slightly paranoid.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:02 PM
964Luftballoon
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
LOL, that + an AR, a mossberg, tons of handguns, a pitbull, 11 video cameras with night vision. My garage also has two interior motion sensors + two exterior, two glass break sensors at the windows and a sensor on the garage door opening. You might say I'm slightly paranoid.
Not paranoia in my eyes. That's what you call ready! I wish i could include my English bulldog in mine but he's a lover not a fighter hahahah
Old 06-14-2019, 12:35 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Really awesome news! Consider yourself very lucky. Lots of professional car stealing rings have come through LA recently where cars go directly to storage containers and are never seen again.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:38 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Really awesome news! Consider yourself very lucky. Lots of professional car stealing rings have come through LA recently where cars go directly to storage containers and are never seen again.
Any speculation as to where they’re going? Asia?

Quick Reply: Stolen - 1992 Oak Metallic Green C2 Coupe