Sponsored by:

Prices dropping on 964ss?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 05:12 PM
zygomatic
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Goughary
I've recently switched to olive oil. I only use extra virgin.
I heard that was only for Italian cars.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:20 PM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Prices going up for 964 is what this thread should be titled, I haven’t seen any drops, maybe for beaters
Old 07-12-2019, 11:16 PM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
Who cares?

Seriously, who cares which cost more now and which will cost more later and which they produced more or less of? When looking for an investment, the LAST place I look is at cars, any car. Sure, some might and do increase in value but they still cost a substantial amount along the way in repairs, maintenance, storage and insurance. And let's not forget the delicate balance between driving to enjoy it but trying to keep the mileage down so that the value goes up.

IMHO when it comes to cars, buy what you want and enjoy it. Pretty sure I am the perfect example of this. I wanted, found and bought a C2 coupe Tiptronic, and I knowingly paid too much for it. NO ONE wants Tips. Coupes with Tips are extremely hard to find but no one wants them so the value is down. Not only did I knowingly pay too much, but I have since dumped a bunch more $$$ into it that I will probably never get back.

Totally don't care. This is the car I wanted and I love it every time I drive it. I look forward to spending more $$$ on it to make it exactly how I want it, regardless of resale or purists.

The "negative" for me though is that now that I have the car I truly want, I have pretty much lost all interest in all other Porsches. I never kick tires at the dealer and spend all my time at C&Cs looking at other 964s to get ideas for mine.

My $0.02

I couldnt agree more. I'm over from the 993 board. Recently bought a 95 with 17,500 miles. It was the colors I wanted and was in great shape. I paid more than I was planning but the car had just had a bunch of maintenance done.

Im getting used to it, tinkering.... and you could spend a small fortune sorting out little things. Have to be careful. That is a slippery slope

My car was owned by one guy for 25 years. He's 80 now. When I spoke to him about the car he said his only regret was that he didn't drive it more. I'm happy he saved it for me, and I will take perfect care of it, but I will most certainly drive it.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:18 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Who cares? Most of us posting here. People interested in buying as well as selling and I personally because I help a lot of people find these and I am always conscious to keep my agreed value insurance up to date. If the other Cobalt blue turbo sells for close to the $399k asking price I would want to be sure to cover myself. Why should I take a hit if something happens and they pay me half of what the car is worth in the current market. Otherwise it is just a topic to discuss like oil, alignment specs or best exhaust note. You don't care? there are countless other topics here to discuss.
The following users liked this post:
Matt Andrews (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 11:55 AM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by zygomatic
I heard that was only for Italian cars.
I lived in Italy for a fair portion of my life...learned from the best.
Lol

Quick Reply: Prices dropping on 964ss?