spoiler woes

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 06:40 AM
valiant
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spoiler woes

any answers anyone?
car working fine, then: put some stuff in the trunk, got in, started, drove off, noticed little red light telling me something about the spoiler was on. then noticed the speedo wasn't functioning. i do have power to the spoiler 'cause when i looked there was a switch under the engine cover which operates the spoiler up and down. fiddled with switch. restarted, went fast then slow, no change. the only thing i did was to put some stuff in the trunk. any guidance much appreciated. thanks
Old 02-14-2004, 08:31 AM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Your spoiler is probably fine. It will not work if it does not get a speed signal, and that comes from the speedo. Find the problem with the speedometer, and I'll bet the spoiler will start working also. Sorry, can't help with the speedometer. Good luck
Old 02-14-2004, 08:43 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had this happen twice. Each time I 'cured' the problem simply by disconnecting the connector at the back of the speedo and reconnecting it again. Seems a bad contact could be the explanation.

The speedo just pulls forward, with a bit of a fight. If you prise it, be careful not to damage the dashboard or the speedo-surround.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:31 PM
valiant
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks i'll try that

Quick Reply: spoiler woes