Sponsored by:

Can this be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 10:05 PM
_Remi
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Can this be fixed?

Dropped the car at the mechanic for a valve adjustment and ... this happened. He's honest and believes me (and I believe myself since I had taken a little souvenir photo when I left the car with him a few days back).

He says he will take care of it but I am wondering if it is worth it. Can this be fixed? What would it involve?

I don't have all the free time in the world so drop off, pick up, phone calls back and forth is something that costs me a lot.

Days like these...

Old 04-18-2019, 10:11 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 119 Posts

The plastic repair is easy, the hard part would likely be the paintwork, depending on how much your paint has weathered and the skill level of the person painting it.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:06 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

There’s a shop by the name of Pacific Paint Match that does small repairs like this and from what I have seen on the IG account and website they do some good work. They do lots of touch ups for the higher end dealers here in SoCal. Unfortunately they aren’t close to you but they may know someone who does similar work up in your area. I would give them a shout.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:24 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
There’s a shop by the name of Pacific Paint Match that does small repairs like this and from what I have seen on the IG account and website they do some good work. They do lots of touch ups for the higher end dealers here in SoCal. Unfortunately they aren’t close to you but they may know someone who does similar work up in your area. I would give them a shout.
Pacific paint match +1,0000000 for a couple of hundred probably less they will have that part looking like new again. Excellent company & workmanship and they will come rite to your house....not sure where you live though Remi, maybe if coming for Luft see if they can do it ( you can even have them do it at my office if you want)
Old 04-19-2019, 11:49 AM
_Remi
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks guys, at this point (and even though I am not pleased) I am still wondering if I want to trouble myself with a repair :/

Tarek, I am in San Francisco but I have always wanted to come drive your nice LA roads one day. I might come work down there for a few days in June, I'll ping you!

Quick Reply: Can this be fixed?