Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tailgated by a new Mercedes SL 55 AMG!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 01:24 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Tailgated by a new Mercedes SL 55 AMG!!!

After finally clearing snow, I was able to go for a long awaited ride in my favorite toy. I have dreamt of this moment every night for a month now..

I drove the car for several hours to warm things up slowly and gradually, as the weather was quite frigid yesterday in NY.
I hit the highway for some cruising to strectch her legs, and to get coffee in quaint town near by...

I got off the highway at the Greenwich exit, with my usual toe heel approach. The exit ramp is a right turn only, so both lanes headed in the same direction. I approached the red light, and landed next to a brand new Sl55 AMG with an older fellow at the helm. It seemed as if he had his wife or his mistress along side for the ride.
When the light went green, I made my way towards a back road, noticing that the black AMG had merged aggressively behind me and with little distance to share...
Hmmm... He's awfully close back there...

In knew what he's thinking... He was sitting there with his woman saying: "honey watch this... This little winged Porsche is about to be very surprised by us..."
Maybe he was simply trying to justify the extra $50 or so thousand he spent for the V8 Compressor model....
Who knows, and who cares... He stayed very close at all times.

The traffic finally cleared ahead, as I nonchalantly hit the "High Boost" button...
I rolled forward in first, looked back in my mirror, locked eyes with my friend to ensure he was prepared.
He was, and I hit it.
The power rolled on violently, yet with orgasmic smoothness. At 4K rpms the *** end dropped hard, the tires grabbed with no complaint, and I was tossed forward 30 meters with jet-like propulsion. I looked back, and the AMG made up the distance with serious delay.
We did this several times in 2nd gear with the same outcome...

The fellow finally shook his head with a smile, and gave up...

We never hit any dangerous speeds, just short blasts of power. Although, it was enough to make me smile for the next 30 minutes straight, and to daydream the remainder of the week..

What a delight...

Last edited by C4TT; 02-09-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:07 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A delight indeed!

Old 02-09-2004, 11:16 PM
catser
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bravo !
Old 02-09-2004, 11:26 PM
JoeW
Pro

And they say no one writes good **** these days ... I say Give It Up for C4TT. J
Old 02-10-2004, 12:19 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally posted by JoeW
And they say no one writes good **** these days ... I say Give It Up for C4TT. J
Old 02-10-2004, 10:39 AM
C4TT
Pro

Funny stuff...
It was fun, and certainly felt quite "risque" when I did it!
Old 02-10-2004, 10:55 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Tailgated by a new Mercedes SL 55 AMG!!!

Originally posted by C4TT
The power rolled on violently, yet with orgasmic smoothness. At 4K rpms the *** end dropped hard, the tires grabbed with no complaint, and I was tossed forward 30 meters with jet-like propulsion.

We're talking about a car ride, right?

Thanks for the chuckle, Greg.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:16 AM
delhi
Racer

well obviously the AMG will take some time to catch up. Not because your car may have better acceleration. He starts from behind and has to wait for you to accelerate away. There will always be a lag. It be dangerous to accelerate at the same time sequentially. What if the AMG accelerates faster than your car and rear ended you?
Ever notice while sitting behind a car at the lights and when it goes green usually the first car pulls away further before you accelerate so that you are giving some safety space margin? nevertheless it's good read. too much snow here for any fun drive unless one has awd with snow tires.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:00 PM
C4TT
Pro

Delhi,
I know what you mean.. I have been driving for a while... ;^)

But I have had cars behind me in similar situations, where I simply can't get more than that "initial jump." They lose a car's length due to reaction time, then they stay there, or pull you in... (yikes)

In this instance, I had more power and much less weight... It was obvious, and he knew it!
Old 02-10-2004, 12:01 PM
C4TT
Pro

Default Re: Re: Tailgated by a new Mercedes SL 55 AMG!!!

Originally posted by joey bagadonuts

We're talking about a car ride, right?
Maybe.... (pinky finger to mouth)

Quick Reply: Tailgated by a new Mercedes SL 55 AMG!!!