Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unbiased opinion on RWB

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 06:15 PM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 73 Posts

I love the mint green car, I guess I am now an RWB fan.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:49 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas993
I suspect many of the people that are fans didn't live through the last time this happened in the Porsche scene. If you did, the novelty of RWB is nothing more than a repeat of the past. To that point, it's easy to find Porsches that were "converted" during that generation priced at a fraction of the cost of a similar stock example. That doesn't guarantee that's what will happen with RWB cars once the trend fades but personally, I don't see why it wouldn't.
I kinda agree with you. I think it might be a little different now with social media exposure adding to the notoriety of certain builders and their builds. I'm not sure how many of these there are but I expect them to hold some kind of value if they continue to be viewed as a cross between the timeless Porsche design and modern art.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:05 AM
Prototyp1
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Ljuice10
Here in lies the problem,. You refer to the ones you have seen and only having been to two builds. Go look at the builds from Thailand, and tell me they are all show and no go. Take a look at the US builds like Clermont, El Hefe, RWB kitchener, All these have engines built by Turbokraft pushing 500hp or more with suspensions to match. Look at RWB Pandora 1, RWB built by Jonsibal, RWB built by Vast(BTWNWVS), RWB Tampa #1, RWB Clearwater #1, the number of Miami builds, Emissary's two builds. These are just examples of the many US cars that are built to run. Just because they don't run when people see them out and about, doesn't mean they aren't quality builds, But you are right, everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if misinformed.
The fundamental issue of the build is each owner's goal and motivation. Some have higher standards and some have no idea what they are getting into. Nakai san doesn't seen to care about the base car he's working on. Just shows up & finishes his work. The rest is in the owners hands. Sadly seems like the bad ones are getting all the press. The good ones are not often seen. I've only seen few above you mentioned. Clermont had crappy paint job. leaks everywhere, that's after the Turbokraft build. Few others on Youtube channels have horrible last minute paint job with fallen apart interior. Underbody in different color. Everything just seen so last minute and the owners want maximum exposure. Few can be seen at past SEMAs with bling wheels. Then Ebay after with a huge premium, with lots sponsored parts from different vendors in the industry. That sadly, is a pattern for some of the builds here given RWB a bad name. RWB Thailand have the cleanest builds. I would believe Japan have some good builds too.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Prototyp1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Spyerx

Anyway, this one BBI is building is pretty insane. Nakai did the body kit but thats it. BBI built this thing from ground up. Basically has a 997 race car suspension on the 993 body, full motorsport fuel cell, abs, stand alone computer, inboard rear dampers on ohlins ttx, race brakes, proper cup car center locks huge wide w/o the dish as the hubs are pushed out proper. Etc... it's insane. Motor/trans in process. It will look and perform the part once sorted.
If that car is ever gonna run...
Old 11-09-2018, 07:20 AM
Prototyp1
Instructor

Originally Posted by jeff33702
I kinda agree with you. I think it might be a little different now with social media exposure adding to the notoriety of certain builders and their builds. I'm not sure how many of these there are but I expect them to hold some kind of value if they continue to be viewed as a cross between the timeless Porsche design and modern art.
Social media today is sickening and often miss leading. Shameless promoters would use any possible way to gain followers and benefit from it. Then they become an authority on the internet and voice for many.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:10 AM
Ljuice10
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Prototyp1
The fundamental issue of the build is each owner's goal and motivation. Some have higher standards and some have no idea what they are getting into. Nakai san doesn't seen to care about the base car he's working on. Just shows up & finishes his work. The rest is in the owners hands. Sadly seems like the bad ones are getting all the press. The good ones are not often seen. I've only seen few above you mentioned. Clermont had crappy paint job. leaks everywhere, that's after the Turbokraft build. Few others on Youtube channels have horrible last minute paint job with fallen apart interior. Underbody in different color. Everything just seen so last minute and the owners want maximum exposure. Few can be seen at past SEMAs with bling wheels. Then Ebay after with a huge premium, with lots sponsored parts from different vendors in the industry. That sadly, is a pattern for some of the builds here given RWB a bad name. RWB Thailand have the cleanest builds. I would believe Japan have some good builds too.
RWB Clermont has a bad paint job? I was there for that build and the paint was fantastic. Bryson has painted 5/6 RWB porsches and they all have excellent paint jobs. If the under body wasn't done, that was a decision made by the owner of the car.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:32 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 94 Posts

Today I was thinking that RWBs are like lifted F150s. They look kinda cool, totally useless, would never own one.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Prototyp1
Instructor

RWB Clermont has a bad paint job? I was there for that build and the paint was fantastic. Bryson has painted 5/6 RWB porsches and they all have excellent paint jobs. If the under body wasn't done, that was a decision made by the owner of the car.
Curious if the same painter also painted the silver car with the Martini livery from RWB Atlanta build?
Old 11-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by The Italian Pursuit
Today I was thinking that RWBs are like lifted F150s. They look kinda cool, totally useless, would never own one.
I can't imagine how bad it would suck to wash that truck.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 11-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Ljuice10
Advanced

Curious if the same painter also painted the silver car with the Martini livery from RWB Atlanta build?
yes it is
Old 11-09-2018, 09:06 PM
Prototyp1
Instructor

yes it is
Ok. So I guess it's pretty obvious that we have different standard. Two pics I can find from SEMA 2016 (I think). I only have few from this car. Countless issues I can point out. The others I've seen aren't better from the same painter apparently. I don't think the quality of the job is "fantastic." This is not RWB nor Nakai san's fault so I'm not knocking RWB. It's really down to the owner standard...

Old 11-14-2018, 12:26 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts

In the General Discussion thread ............

RWB C4 is the Perfect Interpretation

https://rennlist.com/how-tos/slidesh...-is-a-maverick

Old 11-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Wolfe
I can't imagine how bad it would suck to wash that truck.

Mr. Wolfe
Pretty easy. Just hose it down since it will never see the off road.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Ljuice10
Advanced

Can't defend that.

Ok. So I guess it's pretty obvious that we have different standard. Two pics I can find from SEMA 2016 (I think). I only have few from this car. Countless issues I can point out. The others I've seen aren't better from the same painter apparently. I don't think the quality of the job is "fantastic." This is not RWB nor Nakai san's fault so I'm not knocking RWB. It's really down to the owner standard...

Old 11-14-2018, 06:48 PM
nowata
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by canuck964
In the General Discussion thread ............

RWB C4 is the Perfect Interpretation

https://rennlist.com/how-tos/slidesh...-is-a-maverick

should say dyson

Quick Reply: Unbiased opinion on RWB