Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A saturday upgrade by James Dorociak.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 09:10 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks odd but the Roock Racing RSR is like that as well as a couple of other cars that ran in the ADAC GT cup. I have seen another car which looked like it had these extensions welded on and it looked much nicer. My memory is probably failing me but I could have sworn you could buy these extensions from Porsche in the dim and distant past. Will dig into my photo archives when I get a minute
Old 10-31-2018, 09:27 AM
Whitezulu
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
^^^ you never know but doesn't look like any added on flairs from the factory I have seen. The early RSR's and GT2 Evo's looked much cleaner install than those.

I would expect more info about this in the book but I haven't made it all the way through yet.

The added front width would definitely change handling. I am pushing mine out as far as I can with 993 front components.
i don’t really understand, they looked like narrow body fenders widened with those parts.
and for the wheels, probably the best way to find out is sking the people that raced the rsr’s
i saw in germany an rsr with 305 michelins but could not check the wheel offset
Old 10-31-2018, 09:42 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,952 Likes on 1,181 Posts

That is a turbo front bumper and fenders. Although the fenders appear to have been cut to add the flairs. My guess it would add 2" to a stock turbo track.

I am running 993 longitudinals up front which push the track out another 12.5mm per side over the WB settings. These are a 265 front tire but are slicks so run a little narrower. The car is sitting high because it just came off the lift.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:21 AM
Whitezulu
Instructor

Originally Posted by cobalt
That is a turbo front bumper and fenders. Although the fenders appear to have been cut to add the flairs. My guess it would add 2" to a stock turbo track.

I am running 993 longitudinals up front which push the track out another 12.5mm per side over the WB settings. These are a 265 front tire but are slicks so run a little narrower. The car is sitting high because it just came off the lift.
This is a great set up!, i like it, 265 in the front is impressive
Old 11-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Whitezulu
Instructor

Originally Posted by Talat
Looks odd but the Roock Racing RSR is like that as well as a couple of other cars that ran in the ADAC GT cup. I have seen another car which looked like it had these extensions welded on and it looked much nicer. My memory is probably failing me but I could have sworn you could buy these extensions from Porsche in the dim and distant past. Will dig into my photo archives when I get a minute
i am also looking around, and not found consistent information, but a lot of rear fenders got also cut in a 935 style allowing wider freestyle fenders but also the obvious direct or better access to suspension and brakes, not a single car being identical as each private racing team had their specific tricks

Quick Reply: A saturday upgrade by James Dorociak.