Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

airbag and seat belt lights on

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Sucram
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are the news! I got the codes cleared at my local Indy shop. So far so good, after 20miles or so no lights so it looks like that cleaning the airbag sensor worked!! At least for the time being ...! My mechanic told me that the theory of repairing the clock makes sense when you have multiple lights and there seems to be no connection amongst the different warnings (ie airbag, belt etc...). In my case though, the hammer was clear ...right airbag resistance too high (code 30). Let’s see...time will tell...so far I am the happiest man on earth again!! I only spent 6 bucks on spray electrical contact cleaner and 90 minutes of my time (enjoyment with my toy...) so no complaints at all!! I will report if the lights come back . I just wanted to thank you all for the contributions you made and for the great community we are! I love my P-car but it’s all about the people at the end what make the difference!! So happy to see so many people taking care of these timeless machines and making sure these will go to the next generation!! Thank you all!
Old 12-07-2018, 09:15 PM
simonstorey
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sucram
These are the news! I got the codes cleared at my local Indy shop. So far so good, after 20miles or so no lights so it looks like that cleaning the airbag sensor worked!! At least for the time being ...! My mechanic told me that the theory of repairing the clock makes sense when you have multiple lights and there seems to be no connection amongst the different warnings (ie airbag, belt etc...). In my case though, the hammer was clear ...right airbag resistance too high (code 30). Let’s see...time will tell...so far I am the happiest man on earth again!! I only spent 6 bucks on spray electrical contact cleaner and 90 minutes of my time (enjoyment with my toy...) so no complaints at all!! I will report if the lights come back . I just wanted to thank you all for the contributions you made and for the great community we are! I love my P-car but it’s all about the people at the end what make the difference!! So happy to see so many people taking care of these timeless machines and making sure these will go to the next generation!! Thank you all!
Cool.
I know that feeling way to well.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:40 AM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Crossing my fingers for you.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:16 PM
Sucram
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to report that so far so good. No lights since I cleaned the airbag sensors. It’s been almost two months now....Fingers crossed this stays this way!!
Old 02-01-2019, 09:41 PM
simonstorey
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sucram
Just wanted to report that so far so good. No lights since I cleaned the airbag sensors. It’s been almost two months now....Fingers crossed this stays this way!!
Good news.
Mine have been good for a couple of years now. If it happens again I know were to look first.

Quick Reply: airbag and seat belt lights on