Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Note to scrungy flipper dude at gas station...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 11:32 AM
Bigsix964
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by The Italian Pursuit
Happened much more often with my old NSX than the 911 to be honest.

The thumbs up and compliments are an American thing though, rarely happens on the road in Italy.
+1 on the NSX. They turn as many heads as anything on the road, or more.
My friend's 2004 Electric Blue example got thumbs up from absolutely everyone.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Normandy 964
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't had anyone try to buy it yet, 9 times out of 10 peoples opening question is 'what year is it'.
They know it's a 911 but the smooth 964 bumpers and big wheels make it look modern and then they are really suprised to find it's 28 years old.

A brand new Alpine A110 (gorgeous car, I'd take one instead of a 718 Cayman) parked in front of our house a few weeks ago, so I went out to have a look.......and there was a crowd of people looking at my 964
Apparently nothing is cooler than a 964 !
Old 11-01-2018, 08:10 PM
BjornH
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an older lady come up to me after I parked the 964 in an small town where I was a stranger. I thought; here we go again, "you can´t park here etc etc... Turns out she only wanted to tell me what a beautyfull car I had! And yeah, she did ask about its age. "Almost 30 years" was good, as she didn´t like new cars.
:-)
Old 11-01-2018, 09:22 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by 964George
Sat at the lights the other day, police car rolls up along side and indicates to roll the window down...
I'm thinking, oh ****, is it my plates, the loud exhaust, are all my papers in order!!!
Cop says "nice car, just wanted to say as it's made my day" then gives me a thumbs up
I'm like, phew "thanks"
Hey that just happened to me on Sunday.

Just passed an intersection and a police car turns right and follows right behind me.

I knew I wasn't speeding cause there was lots of traffic ahead of me.

After a couple block we get to a red light and he pulls up beside me and gives me the thumbs up and asks what year my car was.

I am sure my plates were run but was still interesting that he pulled up to say something.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:01 AM
Whitezulu
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

A week ago on the 405 around irvine, in slow traffic a guy in a black smart brabus pulls alongside and asks me to drop my window, i ignored him as i was changing lanes, couple of minutes later, my lane is stopped and he pulls again on my side, asks me how much and waves Bundles of bank notes, i just laughed and carried on my chat with my passenger.
did he really believe he would get taken seriously with this stupid behavior or he would impress me?
what an idiot, i would never let one of my cars in the hands of a guy like that

Last edited by Whitezulu; 11-02-2018 at 10:01 AM. Reason: mispelling

Quick Reply: Note to scrungy flipper dude at gas station...