Sponsored by:

alarm delete?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 08:03 PM
pitts12driver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm delete?

I'm doing a bare metal repaint/modify/rebuild of my 964. One of the things I'm trying to figure out is where to find the information to delete the alarm. It has been annoying for years, and since everything is out, this seems like the time to do it. That said, all of my searches have come up empty (for good reason!) but there has to be some documentation somewhere about how to pull it out and still have the appropriate relays close.

The car has to be at the paint shop November 1, so I'm madly stripping it down, ordering about $100k of new stuff, and trying to stay organized!!

Lastly, while I am literally replacing every system on the car with new or improved components, I still can't find parts for my manual steering rack - I'd like to rebuild it, and the bellows are torn so if anyone has ideas on parts I'd really appreciate hearing from the group!
Old 10-15-2018, 07:14 AM
Peteinjp
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 137 Posts

We deleted the alarm as a diagnostic procedure by jumping two terminals on the connector that remains on the loom. Unfortunately I can remember which but if looking at the diagram i believe it was the one that goes on to the dme relay. Btw the wiring diagram for the 1990 was incorrect as it included wiring for the airbag. The 1989 diagram was correct.

100k in parts- damn! Better get a thread started! Need pics.....

Pete
Old 10-16-2018, 01:36 AM
pitts12driver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks tons. Will poke around.

Let me get a little farther into things, and I'll post some pics. I am literally replacing everything. As close to a new car, with the parts I want as I can build.

Quick Reply: alarm delete?