Sponsored by:

Pedal time !

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 09:05 AM
Whitezulu
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pedal time !

After tackling many themes on my grand prix white widebody (and before posting extensively on the whole car) , i need to take care of the interior, next theme will be the pedals, as the theme is rather black ( a lot) white ( a little) and some yellow accents (brake calipers, door latches)
a black fire extenguisher and black mounts will follow which makes me want to go for black pedals (Rennline?)
would you share with me your pedal concepts ?
cheers!

Old 10-06-2018, 09:42 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Looks nice so far. I like the integrated roll cage nicely done.

The problem with black pedals is they will get scuffed and the silver will show through eventually. If you go black make sure you get the pedals with the rubber pads to keep them looking good.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:10 PM
Whitezulu
Instructor

Originally Posted by cobalt
Looks nice so far. I like the integrated roll cage nicely done.

The problem with black pedals is they will get scuffed and the silver will show through eventually. If you go black make sure you get the pedals with the rubber pads to keep them looking good.
thank you, still lots to do, will go soon in detail, thank you for your advice, i was thinking of either eroding lightly ( controlling wear) the offsetted grip elements (like you see on black valve covers on some exotic italian brands) or as you suggested the rubber pads to protect the integrity of the black pedals.

Did you use any specific pedals on your builds?

cheers
Old 10-06-2018, 02:16 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 150 Posts

Looks great, rennline black pedals would be the way to go!
Old 10-06-2018, 07:36 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,170 Posts

I'm sure whatever you do will be nice. I wouldn't touch them until they show signs of wear though. Once they get marked you can always do it then.

I have a black interior rather spartan on my track car but I wasn't even going to do an interior until my wife said she wouldn't drive it unless it looked nice and had an interior.

I am using the rennline fully adjustable silver pedals/dead pedal and silver mats with rothsport silver shifter. I figured I needed some brightness to offset the black. You have the yellow and white to break it up.

Still working on it. Added an AEM dual wideband O2 and working on some other controls. But track duty only

Last edited by cobalt; 10-07-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:52 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Your seats look fantastic! I just recently installed the black Rennline set with adjustable throttle in my car. Love em!

Old 10-07-2018, 02:37 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I did silver to break up the black a bit

Old 10-07-2018, 01:46 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Interior looks great. Love the stitching on the seats and the white seat backs.
All of my rennline floorboards and pedals are showing serious signs of wear. Despite living the all black look, I might go with silver if/when I replace mine. Something to consider.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:31 AM
Whitezulu
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Looks great, rennline black pedals would be the way to go!
Thanks!
I am scanning for other pedals but so far also my favorite choice
Old 10-08-2018, 04:36 AM
Whitezulu
Instructor

Originally Posted by cobalt
I'm sure whatever you do will be nice. I wouldn't touch them until they show signs of wear though. Once they get marked you can always do it then.

I have a black interior rather spartan on my track car but I wasn't even going to do an interior until my wife said she wouldn't drive it unless it looked nice and had an interior.

I am using the rennline fully adjustable silver pedals/dead pedal and silver mats with rothsport silver shifter. I figured I needed some brightness to offset the black. You have the yellow and white to break it up.

Still working on it. Added an AEM dual wideband O2 and working on some other controls. But track duty only.

Germans would say that you have a great work place! Great set up!
i like your concept of having the comands contrasted in silver.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:39 AM
Whitezulu
Instructor

[QUOTE=rotorheadcase;15343084]Your seats look fantastic! I just recently installed the black Rennline set with adjustable throttle in my car. Love em!

Thanks but i think your seats look even better! It looks like my choice is going to be just like yours , looks like an alltime favorite

Old 10-08-2018, 04:45 AM
Whitezulu
Instructor

[QUOTE=Spyerx;15343140]
I did silver to break up the black a bit

Siver black is such a professional tool atmosphere, i like it, still not made up my mind whether black or silver as each one is great.
was wondering if i could check the material for possible grey anodizing
Old 10-08-2018, 04:47 AM
Whitezulu
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
Interior looks great. Love the stitching on the seats and the white seat backs.
All of my rennline floorboards and pedals are showing serious signs of wear. Despite living the all black look, I might go with silver if/when I replace mine. Something to consider.
yes , on one side, pedals with signs of wear are like a professiona tool showing patina, i will try if anodizing works or pvd based on pedal material
Old 10-08-2018, 07:44 AM
MaKSiNG
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How hard is that Rennline pedal setup to install?

Also, I see the accelerator pedal can be adjusted in its height/length, I presume you can also adjust how far it stands forward/back? I mean in order to bring it to a desired height with the brake pedal.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:39 AM
rotorheadcase
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MaKSiNG
How hard is that Rennline pedal setup to install?

Also, I see the accelerator pedal can be adjusted in its height/length, I presume you can also adjust how far it stands forward/back? I mean in order to bring it to a desired height with the brake pedal.
Throttle is completely adjustable both in spacing, height and distance from the floor. I faffed around for about an hour or so pulling the old throttle pedal, drilling the brake and clutch and setting everything up. I did mine at the same time I updated the pedal box so a bit of extra work was involved.includi g the floorboard.
If you use the recommended baseline setti g then it will get you pretty close. I only required a minimal adjustment to get the heel toe position to my liking.

Quick Reply: Pedal time !