Sponsored by:

Rear light choices

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 04:21 PM
Jeremy G
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear light choices

I am finally getting round to replacing my badly cracked rear lights and it seems there is a choice of brands out there. What do people recommend to get a good light unit with decent colour?

i have seen original Porsche, OEM (presumably Bosch?), VM Part, FWK and Carpoint (German supplier). Anyone have any views on these or alternatives please?

Thanks in advance,

Jez.

Last edited by Jeremy G; 09-23-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:40 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Original was SWF (No longer available ) If you find a good used set the problem is they are 20 years old and will crack easily (ask me )

New ones from dealer are made in France and I didnt care for them, color was off, and they stress/heat cracked after a few years.

I got a mint SWF set from an ebay seller and the center reflector is highly stress/heat cracked after a few years (should have kept it for show)

I am waiting for the replacement grilles to be available and I am done with the center reflector altogether
Old 09-23-2018, 07:09 PM
jonathant
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Jjust installed FWK set

I just installed an FWK set bought through eBay from kfz-kauert (germany). Quality seems good and they came with the rubber seals included. On the other hand they did not have the US standard outside marker light holes so I had to drill those myself.

installed fine, looks nice, and the price was right ~$450 the pair after euro conversion.

Quick Reply: Rear light choices