Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H4 headlight fitment issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 08:26 AM
will1831
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i gotta say, the difficulty with the captive nut, is to find the right one for that specific inner screw, hence me mentionning the reference. I hope this helps gregmitch should he come across this issue, or anybody else looking for some captive nut
i initially found the tip in here, but the person didn't have the reference
Old 09-16-2018, 03:24 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by will1831
i gotta say, the difficulty with the captive nut, is to find the right one for that specific inner screw, hence me mentionning the reference. I hope this helps gregmitch should he come across this issue, or anybody else looking for some captive nut
i initially found the tip in here, but the person didn't have the reference
True if it was me, I just mentioned drilling a 7mm hole https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...refurb-13.html
Old 09-16-2018, 08:37 PM
gregmitch
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by will1831
I do agree that working with two pair of hands makes the job easier.
I worked on mine yesterday, alone... what a pain. But i finally managed to fix all my issues.
--> I used the 99950731212 (999.507.312.12) captive nut, order at Porsche center, to solve my issue with the screw thread on the body. watch out, because screwing and unscrewing might lead you to a non working screw thread on the body.
I did bend (towards the inside) that piece a little too, but i guess just 1 or 2 mm was sufficient. Even just 1mm i believe.
I manage to close the gap I had since the begining that i swapped H5s to H4s between the joint seal and the headlight itself.

I hope this helps anyone further, as it has been a nightmare to me until i found the captive nut solution
Thanks for this suggestion! This sounds like it makes life a bit easier. Going to order them up!

Quick Reply: H4 headlight fitment issues