Sponsored by:

Footwell Heat / Hot Sill Again

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 09:34 AM
964George
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MaKSiNG
Right, the bloody hose is finally fitted ... at both ends.
Halle-chuffing-lujah

This definitely does not look like work done in Stuttgart.

I might have to go this "Non-Stuttgart" route as those plastic elbows seem to be my source of water ingress...
Wouldn't surprise me if the previous owner did this to stop water

Thanks for all the info MaKSiNG
Old 10-25-2018, 10:20 AM
MaKSiNG
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 964George
I might have to go this "Non-Stuttgart" route as those plastic elbows seem to be my source of water ingress...
Wouldn't surprise me if the previous owner did this to stop water

Thanks for all the info MaKSiNG
Interesting!!! Now you say that, I was getting some water ingress last year. I was finding the matting, under the carpets, only on the drivers side though would be wet. I couldn't for the life of me source the leak. I was even thinking to try swapping out the windscreen seal. I tend to try not to use or leave the car outside if its wet out now, but this could be the exact reason. I will have to keep a look out for this next time the car does get wet.

Thanks back at you 964George

Now let's say this is a source of water ingress on our cars though, why would our cars suffer from this? There must be a another reason.
And you are sure your plastic connection pieces are seated correctly? They "apparently" need to snap into place to form a tight seal.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:56 PM
jonathant
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

If water is coming in through the HVAC ducts that is a symptom not a cause (there shouldn't be any water in there to begin with). If your frunk seal is bad (usually torn at one or both top corners) that will dump water into the footwell(s) without leaving much other evidence; maybe start there.

Quick Reply: Footwell Heat / Hot Sill Again