Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9Eleven headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 12:33 AM
becausephilchow
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's some more photos of my headlights prior to installation.

Just to reiterate for people who are curious, in my opinion, the 9Eleven Headlights seem to be one that was designed from the ground up. As in, all the pieces, the shrouds, the projectors, everything, was designed for the 964, and everything was custom made, and all the tooling was made for this application. However, in terms of the Rennline ones, from the photos, it seems like they took generic parts, or parts from other vehicles, and adapted it to work for the 964.

Whether you feel that's worth the extra price to you, that's up to you. But, I felt it was to me, and the 9Eleven headlights look great, and I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about them and their service.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:47 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 364 Posts

Thanks very much for posting, this looks to be a high quality product. I’d be interested to know how these compare to the LED lights from Flat6 Illuminatiion which sell for about half the price. Also a very good product in my opinion, but Flat6 has no integrated LED’s (which just don’t look right on an air cooled Porsche IMHO). Flat6 also offers the 964 fluted style lens, which do look proper on the car. https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ination-2.html
The following users liked this post:
st_can (09-05-2020)
Old 08-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spartansix
Thanks Phil, this is helpful. I just wish some of these manufacturers would step up and do a side by side!
Agreed!
Old 08-13-2018, 09:23 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 380 Likes on 223 Posts

Do we think the Flat6 illumination lights are different from the Rennline lights? They look pretty similar.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:54 PM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by becausephilchow
Here's some more photos of my headlights prior to installation.

Just to reiterate for people who are curious, in my opinion, the 9Eleven Headlights seem to be one that was designed from the ground up. As in, all the pieces, the shrouds, the projectors, everything, was designed for the 964, and everything was custom made, and all the tooling was made for this application. However, in terms of the Rennline ones, from the photos, it seems like they took generic parts, or parts from other vehicles, and adapted it to work for the 964.

Whether you feel that's worth the extra price to you, that's up to you. But, I felt it was to me, and the 9Eleven headlights look great, and I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about them and their service.
How do you adjust the aim on the lights? Are there screws in the face like on the flat six illumination?
How do you wire up the turn signal feature.
Are they plug and play with the standard wiring harness?
Are all components contained within the bucket?
Are the rings paintable?
Thanks
Old 08-14-2018, 12:09 AM
becausephilchow
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Foxman
Thanks very much for posting, this looks to be a high quality product. I’d be interested to know how these compare to the LED lights from Flat6 Illuminatiion which sell for about half the price. Also a very good product in my opinion, but Flat6 has no integrated LED’s (which just don’t look right on an air cooled Porsche IMHO). Flat6 also offers the 964 fluted style lens, which do look proper on the car. https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ination-2.html
To be honest, not sure how they compare to anything else. Never seen the Flat 6, but, from what it looks like to me, it looks very similar to the Rennlines, which...brings me back to my previous points that I stated above. Maybe it's just as good, but I really couldn't comment.

9Eleven has Fluted Lenses coming out. In production right now. I'll probably receive mine in a few weeks. They're fluted like the 993-Style. I asked them, and they said if they went full fluted like the OEM 964, the light pattern wouldn't be as crisp or nice, and would defeat the purpose. Which, makes sense, since the 993 is OEM Projector, and is not fully fluted either around the projection portion.

They also offer one without the LED DRL, the normal Raven, which is cheaper I believe.

Originally Posted by eddieb4
How do you adjust the aim on the lights? Are there screws in the face like on the flat six illumination?
How do you wire up the turn signal feature.
Are they plug and play with the standard wiring harness?
Are all components contained within the bucket?
Are the rings paintable?
Thanks
Everything is P&P, there is a harness provided, which plugs right into the OEM Connectors.

Yes, everything is contained on the headlight itself. What the photos look like, are exactly how they come. You cna check out their website for more information.

https://9elevenheadlights.com/product/raven-s-silver/

Yes, they also offer paintable Rings. I believe you actually reinstall your OEM "Rings" on top of these. I just chose not to since I wanted them black anyways. So I never bothered.

Not sure about the aiming, I had my shop take care of it.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:38 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spartansix
Do we think the Flat6 illumination lights are different from the Rennline lights? They look pretty similar.
Funny, I had not noticed that Rennline was now carrying these lights. Yes, they clearly appear to be carrying the Flat6 Illumination lights now. The car pictured on Rennline’s website is the same car pictured on page 32 of Flat6’s album on their website. It’s http://flat6illumination.com/assets/Album_v26-JPG.pdf

Flat6 Album with photo of Rennline 911

Great to Rennline supporting this product as they do many other great aftermarket products like Voltphreaks. Rennline is located in VT right near the border of Canada, so they’re a good fit for Francois and Flat6.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:12 AM
kreeshp
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I really want to like the 9eleven lights but the biggest omission in the marketing of this product is not one photo anywhere on the site showing the beam pattern on a wall.

Bright is useless without controlled output.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:33 AM
becausephilchow
Rennlist Member

Here's some photos of the Fluted Lenses that will be available very soon.

I know for a fact that the 9Eleven Headlights use an LED Bulb along with an LED Projector. I reckon the other ones use an LED Bulb, and an HID Projector. Changes the beam pattern quite a bit, like it was said, bright light it useless without controlled output. Here's a video I found of the Beam Pattern on the 9Eleven Lights.

That being said, 9Eleven also has a patent aftermarket fixture, which to me, means that they designed it from the ground up, using their own proprietary parts, rather than a mix of existing parts already. Below is a video of the Beam Pattern I found on IG, I've uploaded it to VIMEO to make it easy to view.

I'll take some pictures/videos of mine when I get a chance, but may have to be next week as my car is going back for some additional work. All I can say, is that it's nearly identical to newer 911 LED Headlight Porsches, as I've been in one back to back, but to each their own. I'm sure somebody will do a review between the Rennlines and 9Elevens soon.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:53 PM
Thomas Herb
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing Headlights

Hi. I have the Raven S installed in my C2. And I could not be more pleased. These lights are truly amazing. The look, the quality of the build and the beam of light it throws is more than adequate for a late night canyon carving blast. I did a lot of research when it came to building my 3.8L 1990 C2. I looked at several different manufacturers and after talking to Lee, I chose 9elevens. I installed the Raven S with a black reflector. It looks amazing. I liked the Raven S because of the interior halo light and that they Integrated a turn signal in the unit. Installation was a snap. Three wires and done. I could not be happier with my decision to invest in 9elevens.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:02 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new fluted lens look a lot better imo. Can’t wait to see on a car.

Quick Reply: 9Eleven headlights?