Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 9Eleven headlights?

Anyone have experience with these? Nice but VERY pricey
Old 08-10-2018, 11:55 PM
becausephilchow
Rennlist Member

I just installed a set on my 964 Cab.

Absolutely beautiful. Craftmanship and everything is amazing. Singer-esque quality IMO.

Well worth it. Long wait though, probably upwards to about 2 months, but I'm very happy with them.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:41 AM
camdon
Racer

Originally Posted by becausephilchow

Absolutely beautiful. Craftmanship and everything is amazing. Singer-esque quality IMO.

Well worth it. Long wait though, probably upwards to about 2 months, but I'm very happy with them.

any pics?
Old 08-11-2018, 12:44 AM
becausephilchow
Rennlist Member

Just 2 pics for now, will take more, typhooning in Hong Kong right now, so a bit difficult!
Old 08-11-2018, 01:08 AM
camdon
Racer

They look sick!
Old 08-11-2018, 10:54 AM
metalracer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful! Any comments on lighting performance, like intensity, field of view, coverage, warm-up, etc?
Old 08-11-2018, 11:27 AM
becausephilchow
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by metalracer
Beautiful! Any comments on lighting performance, like intensity, field of view, coverage, warm-up, etc?
Only had one drive with them so far. It's a White/Blue light, like the new modern cars today. Not too blue at all, it's very nice actually.

Coverage, it's leaps and bounds better than before. I was on stock headlights and stock bulbs, so they weren't bright at all. They're very bright, instantly light up because they're LEDs.

Honestly, it feels like a modern car type of light output.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:01 PM
camdon
Racer

Any other companies used for this type of light?
Old 08-11-2018, 12:36 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 250 Posts

I'm still hoping to see a comparison between these lights and the other options out there (upgraded H4s, the LED headlights rennline http://www.rennline.com/BI-LED-Headl...ductinfo/EL13/ is selling for $1100, etc).

People seem happy with these lights, but prices are much higher than the alternatives and no one has stepped up to explain why.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:08 PM
gregmitch
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I do like the look of the 9Eleven headlights with the fluted lenses. Definitely going to have to upgrade my stock headlights soon since this is our only car and we do drive at night often. Double the price of the Rennline LED kit though.
Would like to see a comparison as well.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:00 PM
Sire
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

was wondering why pay an dubbel price?
Old 08-12-2018, 01:13 AM
becausephilchow
Rennlist Member

Personally, the 9Eleven Headlights look much better built than the Rennlines.

9Eleven headlights have custom designed parts that work for the application, whereas the Rennlines seem to be more of a mismash of parts that was put together to work.

They also have DRLs, and Integrated Turn Signals. I don't believe the Rennlines have that. I just thought the craftmanship of the 9Eleven Headlights was superior. Wanted nothing but the best for my build! I'm sure the Rennlines work too, light output wise, I'm sure they're quite similar, as at the end of the day, it's just an LED Bulb, but I just liked how the 9Eleven Headlights are a proudct that was designed from the ground up.

But, to each their own! I'm open to spend more if the quality and finishing is there, but not everybody is.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:06 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Hi Phil,
Can you tell if the 9Eleven headlights are designed so that the lens can be replaced if it gets damaged?
If so, could one swap in the standard Bosch H4 glass? It looks like that's possible with the Rennline kit, but not sure for 9Eleven.
While I wouldn't mind more lumens (though I'm still not sure if it would be brighter than my current 100w H4s), I'm not a huge fan of the "pupil" in the middle of the "eye" and the fully fluted H4 lenses do a good job of covering that up.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:23 PM
becausephilchow
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spartansix
Hi Phil,
Can you tell if the 9Eleven headlights are designed so that the lens can be replaced if it gets damaged?
If so, could one swap in the standard Bosch H4 glass? It looks like that's possible with the Rennline kit, but not sure for 9Eleven.
While I wouldn't mind more lumens (though I'm still not sure if it would be brighter than my current 100w H4s), I'm not a huge fan of the "pupil" in the middle of the "eye" and the fully fluted H4 lenses do a good job of covering that up.
Yes, you can replace the Lens. 9Eleven has Yellow, Clear, and new Fluted ones coming. However, their Fluted Style is more like the 993, where you can still see the projector, but everything else is fluted. Not like the OEM 964 where it's completely fluted.

To be honest, I'm not sure it's any brighter than the Rennline setup, or any setup to be honest. But, all I can say is that the beam pattern is really nice and crisp, and teh color looks great, and the cutoff and everything is great. It's much better than OEM Output, but I also used OEM Bulbs.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:33 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Yes, you can replace the Lens. 9Eleven has Yellow, Clear, and new Fluted ones coming. However, their Fluted Style is more like the 993, where you can still see the projector, but everything else is fluted. Not like the OEM 964 where it's completely fluted.

To be honest, I'm not sure it's any brighter than the Rennline setup, or any setup to be honest. But, all I can say is that the beam pattern is really nice and crisp, and teh color looks great, and the cutoff and everything is great. It's much better than OEM Output, but I also used OEM Bulbs.
Thanks Phil, this is helpful. I just wish some of these manufacturers would step up and do a side by side!

Quick Reply: 9Eleven headlights?