Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 242 Posts

https://www.vividracing.com/power-45...152412577.html

Here's the relevant link
Old 07-28-2018, 05:12 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

itb's cost 2 k € at Jenvey in UK, plus mapping, if you are already on a stage one (ECU, bigger injectors, TPS, WBL) that lot would cost 2 k, plus mapping,
But the ITBs would not produce more power than stage one (around 290 to 300 bhp) if you don't change the valve size, port the heads, fit different cams,
crank and rods are well up to the job as they are , unless you use the car for races and running the engine to a height power band for a long time, on a road car it doesn't make a difference,
and actually the choice of cams for a road car is very crucial not to end with power available between 5 to 7 k and end up been slower than standard car on "normal" traffic, ....
standard exhaust minus second muffler or with cup and cat could work well,
Old 07-30-2018, 08:18 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

I hate being the nay-sayer on things like this. But I also hate when shops post 75% of the information and show amazing results on the dyno.

So this kit is not just ITB's, but also a ECU. So its hard to tell what gains are provided by the improved airflow of the ITBs, and what gains are made from remapping of fuel and timing (and octane?). It is strange that the dyno shows gains on torque across the who rev range. That's not common. Generally ITB's provide better high rev HP at the expense of low RPM torque.

I don't know their status as a sponsor, but Vivid/Agency power (owned by the same people) seem to do this sort of thing across multiple car lines. they produce a part along with a Dyno chart that shows incredible results that just don't seem to make sense to people who have done dyno tuning on NA cars.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:54 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Achtung964
Guys, vivid racing carries this kit. It'll run you ~$11k.
That's pretty expensive - I went Rothsport and AEM which worked out cheaper than that and the AEM has knock control too. Sadly been waiting nigh on a year to get this fitted and mapped otherwise I'd post up a dyno graph. Hopefully will have something to post within the next couple of months.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:05 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

From what I herd you may lose heaven tick over,
someone runs ITB could confirm ?
Old 08-01-2018, 05:51 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As posted on my build thread here, its perfectly possible to achieve the figures shown on that kit without the need for ITBs.
Personally, for a road car, non plenum based ITBs such as these would not really be on my list due to low end behavior.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

agree. but what is strange as their dyno chart claims better low end too.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:49 PM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

From their dyno chart, the torque looks weaker than it should do for a stock motor. Something doesn't quite add up.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 428 Likes on 278 Posts

How come they haven't chimed in? There is no way they haven't seen this thread.

I'd love to see a good debate, that includes the one entity that should be there to make the debate happen. Honestly, if i were them, and my product were as awesome as it looks- cuz seriously, itb look sooooooo cool....I'd get on this stuff and come out swingin and show you/us all why it's right and why everyone else is wrong.

If it were my product, I'd make you all believe that you'd be an idiot to not give me 11k and have them installed...
Old 08-01-2018, 07:07 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

And the shape of the curve, more importante than the figure itself
Old 08-05-2018, 06:33 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Goughary - agree.

I think this is a civil enough crowd that we could have a good discussion without trying to get into normal car forum name calling debates. I'd love to be wrong - but holding octane, atmospheric conditions around the dyno, correction factors for the dyno, and all other mods the same, I would almost bet that the ECU tuning produces more power that the velocity stacks. but, eager to see what was done here. heck - even if its a combo of mods to get that return, it would be interesting to know what did it...
Old 08-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Goughary
Race Car

You just reminded me of a few of the rippingly horrible name calling arguments that have transpired on rennlist over the years...most of which i think were deleted by the moderators after kicking a few of those guys to the curb.

The only one that made me sad to see go was Kai- i liked him and his build of Claudia was awesome...but man, good times sitting at my desk and reading the sparring. Couldn't believe sometimes that adults would get that out of control.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:26 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

They have been posting on FB and a Rennlist thread has been mentioned in the comments so I'd be surprised if they haven't had a look here.

I think most of us have had issues with suppliers at some stage. It pays to be up front with people to lessen the aggro and then to do your best to sort it.

A good example of how not to do it is Top Speed who sent Boxster exhausts to two of us in New Zealand, and they don't fit. The answer was a one liner "we say it requires welding on the website", which it doesn't. It's just white labeled Alibaba gear. You live and you learn.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:54 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by Goughary
You just reminded me of a few of the rippingly horrible name calling arguments that have transpired on rennlist over the years...most of which i think were deleted by the moderators after kicking a few of those guys to the curb.

The only one that made me sad to see go was Kai- i liked him and his build of Claudia was awesome...but man, good times sitting at my desk and reading the sparring. Couldn't believe sometimes that adults would get that out of control.
It made me sad to see him go as well I liked him despite our differences and he was a huge asset to the forums. It pained me to push for him to be banned but he played games. He said he shipped the parts I paid him for but never did and then he dragged it on for a long time. After a nice phone conversation he promised me he would send out the parts or refund my money ASAP. After all the BS he never delivered or made an effort to refund my money. I gave him every back door and chance to make good but he chose not to which lead to his being banned. I don't understand why he did what he did especially for what it was over. I have no doubt if you were in my shoes I think you would have done the same given the circumstances.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:38 AM
Goughary
Race Car

Yeah, i had forgotten you were involved in that. It was very strange how that all went down. I remember thinking that there must have been something going on in his life that caused the shift. But all good. I hope he is well. And i hope that we keep the forum as is- good conversation, lots of discussion, and a high level of intelligence. This forum is truely the best I've ever seen in the car world. It's huge for the 964 community. Kinda makes the whole thing worth while.

Quick Reply: Plug and play itb kit