Sponsored by:

18" Turbo Twists on a 964 C2

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 10:29 PM
bikeaddict
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18" Turbo Twists on a 964 C2

Well contrary to better sense, I bought a set of 18X10 65mmand 18X8.5 52mm inche Mille Cup 3 wheels ( cheap.) and some Kuhmo 712 225/40 ad 255/35 to see just how bad the fit was. Yes I know Porsche doesn't endorse this but I wanted to see anyway as I don't put many miles on the car. I put the wheels on the back and measured about 7 mm of fouliing on ths swing arm with a guesstimate given the position of the jacked up car that it be similiar to the oil tube on the right side. I found a cheap set of 13mm rear spacers and took a chance. Everything on and it (stock US height) seems to be ok. I took the car out after some visual clearance checks and did some hard left and right turns and there doesn't seem to be an issue (visual check on the tire lip and the wheel for fouling). The only issue is that the lug stud engagement is marginal (7mm as opposed to 19mm I think it should have. So I think now I'll pop for the 15mm spacers with the studs in them.

In the front I have yet to run the wheel lock to lock so I haven't fully explored this yet.

Visually they make the car look much newer. And actually the ride is much better IMHO. I can tell the wheels are heavier but the effect is somewhat smoother to acceleration.

Experiment in progress.....

Quick Reply: 18" Turbo Twists on a 964 C2