Sponsored by:

Modification Regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:35 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PhatPhlatSix
The fix to this is raising the the Over-Run Fuel-CutOff (ORFCO) threshold for reinstatement by a few hundred rpm. In simple terms, when you shutoff the throttle whilst driving, the fuel-injection is shut-off completely. As the engine speed drops, the ECU has to switch the fuel injectors back on in anticipation of you dipping the clutch or going into neutral. From memory, this threshold is at about 1250rpm in a 964. So, if you dip the clutch at say 1300rpm with a LWFW, the engine speed drops so fast that the injectors don't get a chance to re-power the engine. The LWFW fix merely raises this threshold to around 1600rpm, thus giving the engine enough time to "relight". To help with stalling at cold start, the ignition advance around the idle speed area can be raised slightly.

PM me if you want more info....
Thank for the info. I'll talk to my engine shop and see if they have tried that.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 AM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhatPhlatSix
The fix to this is raising the the Over-Run Fuel-CutOff (ORFCO) threshold for reinstatement by a few hundred rpm. In simple terms, when you shutoff the throttle whilst driving, the fuel-injection is shut-off completely. As the engine speed drops, the ECU has to switch the fuel injectors back on in anticipation of you dipping the clutch or going into neutral. From memory, this threshold is at about 1250rpm in a 964. So, if you dip the clutch at say 1300rpm with a LWFW, the engine speed drops so fast that the injectors don't get a chance to re-power the engine. The LWFW fix merely raises this threshold to around 1600rpm, thus giving the engine enough time to "relight". To help with stalling at cold start, the ignition advance around the idle speed area can be raised slightly.

PM me if you want more info....
Could you email me some more info regarding your fix for the LWFW. I still have occasional stalling issues and tough cold starts even with a Steve Wong chip. Thanks!,
Chris
cpdjfd@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: Modification Regrets?