Sponsored by:

Getting used to the new color: Cobalt

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 12:32 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by JJJMCD
Congratulations on what looks like a lovely example. Here is the C4 cab version of your car: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911-carrera-4/

That was a strange auction... Wouldn't that be an awesome twin to park in the garage next my coupe.

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
...cobalt is lovely... real wow factor there
enjoy!
I just can't get over the response from neighbors and locals. Amazing reaction. I've driven a Slate Grey 964 for over 10 years, and only got the occasional subtle head nod.
This car is getting thumbs up from people walking their dogs, even my wife wants to drive it. This is new to me.
With the Catless/G-pipe set up it's also a notch louder cruising through the neighborhood, but the color seems to mitigate most negative reactions.

BTW, I take back my previous reservations regarding the G-pipe exhaust (secondary) bypass. I usually just heard it in a parking lot, were it definitely sounds lower than a Cup (primary) bypass. I wasn't sure about that sound... But holly hell does it sound mean, raw, and mechanical at anything over 3,500 RPM. Love it!

My daughter's reaction is the best really. All smiles and already dreaming about owning it after I pass away...
Old 04-13-2018, 12:42 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
BTW, did you already remove the rear deck lid insignia, per your slate grey car? How are you liking the sport seats? I am looking for a cobalt pair, shouldn't take more than a century or so.
De-badge? Yes, of course. Love the view of a clean 964 silhouette. (working on the rear wiper plug)

So happy to finally have a car with sports seats, the bolsters alone signify the intention and performance of the car. They definitely hold me in place better while driving. Hens' teeth finding a pair in cobalt...

Old 04-13-2018, 01:15 PM
sooner964
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

What a view! You've got me thinking about removing my decklid badge now, as well as my wiper. That thing is really useless... the amount of surface area it actually cleans is a joke, although I think the blade on mine is too small (13 inch instead of 15 inch), plus having to hold the button down at least 10 seconds for it to just go once or twice across is silly - perhaps the switch is going bad? It was well-intentioned, but execution was a bit lacking on that one. Looking at the protrusion that is left on yours has me thinking it actually wouldn't be a bad spot for a satellite radio antenna.. the little unit on the right side corner of the front dash in mine is useless for reception even in perfectly clear skies (but probably also 10 years old).
Old 04-13-2018, 02:19 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Udo, congratulations again my friend , you sir got a great 964 c2 and to top it off the cake , COBALT BLAU 💙 it hurt to let it go , but I know that I know that it went to a good home and thats very important to me .. I’m glad you and the family are happy with the car and I’m happy by seeing all this pictures of the car and I know they will continue to keep coming . Enjoy the car in good health my friend and if you need anything don’t hesitate to text me 👍🏼

Old 04-13-2018, 03:56 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

It truly was a pleasure buying from you. That turned my previous negative situation around 180 degrees and signified a whole new positive chapter.
I can't stress enough the lesson learned about buying the seller... especially when buying a 27 year old sports car. Class act.

I think I need to start a new club and make t-shirts: RudyGruppe
RudyGruppe - for people who've bought cars from Rudy
Old 04-13-2018, 04:02 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
It truly was a pleasure buying from you. That turned my previous negative situation around 180 degrees and signified a whole new positive chapter.
I can't stress enough the lesson learned about buying the seller... especially when buying a 27 year old sports car. Class act.

I think I need to start a new club and make t-shirts: RudyGruppe
RudyGruppe - for people who've bought cars from Rudy
haha that will be Gret , there’s another guy that bought my Diamond Blue c4 from florida and he will agree with you 👍🏼
Old 04-13-2018, 04:16 PM
weekndr.porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 69 Posts

Congrats!
Gorgeous looking car in that color.
Anyone know a source for the Porsche Colored Center Caps for the wheels?
I've only seen them on suncoast, not sure a better source?
Old 04-13-2018, 04:18 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Buying the seller is a huge part of buying an old car, having an honest and forthcoming seller can make the buying experience a genuine pleasure. It also impacts the overall ownership experience in a positive way, I can’t count how many times a buyer gets a misrepresented car and never really feels positive about the car even after everything is straightened out.

Happy ending for everyone, Rudy gets to find another wild colored 993 and Udo gets into an incredible Cobalt 964.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:27 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sooner964
What a view! You've got me thinking about removing my decklid badge now, as well as my wiper. That thing is really useless... the amount of surface area it actually cleans is a joke, although I think the blade on mine is too small (13 inch instead of 15 inch), plus having to hold the button down at least 10 seconds for it to just go once or twice across is silly - perhaps the switch is going bad? It was well-intentioned, but execution was a bit lacking on that one. Looking at the protrusion that is left on yours has me thinking it actually wouldn't be a bad spot for a satellite radio antenna.. the little unit on the right side corner of the front dash in mine is useless for reception even in perfectly clear skies (but probably also 10 years old).
Thanks for posting the wiper experience. I didn't know any of that, I never even tried it once.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:44 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts
Default To go with the streamlined rear deck look, 993 door handles are an idea

Old 04-14-2018, 01:45 AM
boostedt0y
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

With the Catless/G-pipe set up it's also a notch louder cruising through the neighborhood, but the color seems to mitigate most negative reactions.

BTW, I take back my previous reservations regarding the G-pipe exhaust (secondary) bypass. I usually just heard it in a parking lot, were it definitely sounds lower than a Cup (primary) bypass. I wasn't sure about that sound... But holly hell does it sound mean, raw, and mechanical at anything over 3,500 RPM.
do you think the gpipe/catbypass combo sounds better than cup pipe/catbypass combo?
Old 04-16-2018, 11:22 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

I love the system that's on the car now, but currently it's hidden by heat shields so I can't confirm the system...

I know it has a secondary exhaust bypass. It's a longer, swan's neck G pipe design.

It has a deeper bellow on start up.
Has a more gravelly sound just off of throttle.
Light throttle at 2,200 sounds bellowly (deep voice)
3,500+ in 2nd and 3rd just sound mega, and just roars to red line.
I can't tell too much difference at 4,000+ between the two systems.
Has a better, deeper sound off throttle with a 2ndary bypass.
I'm hearing all of this with the engine tray on. I'm sure it louder still with the shield off.

I need to confirm that I have a cat bypass? Looks stock?
If I have a stock cat, I'm keeping it on the car for now as the current system (though not too loud) is loud enough for now.

Old 04-16-2018, 01:26 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

soooo happy your experience has turned in this direction. looking forward to maybe another Treffen in your neck of the woods, so I can do the Rattler (again) with YOU this time!!

Subscribed. Loving the story adventure...
=Steve
Old 04-16-2018, 02:01 PM
Deserion
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

De-badge? Yes, of course. Love the view of a clean 964 silhouette. (working on the rear wiper plug)
Originally Posted by sooner964
What a view! You've got me thinking about removing my decklid badge now, as well as my wiper.
If either of you still have that nasty rear wiper arm, I know someone who could, ah, "dispose" of it for you.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:35 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Deserion
If either of you still have that nasty rear wiper arm, I know someone who could, ah, "dispose" of it for you.
Keeping it with the car. It might go back on one day.

Quick Reply: Getting used to the new color: Cobalt