Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my 964 has many gemballa parts...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 06:33 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts
Default my 964 has many gemballa parts...

so, someone mentioned that the car might be more than just cosmetically gemballa-ed... reading a bit of the history of the company and i guess they were more 'full service' than just logos and floor mats...think i will give 'em a call on monday....interesting....has anyone any stories or info? would love to hear...
Old 04-07-2018, 06:44 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

so she has stainless sills with gemballa engraved in, floor mats, all gauges are white gemballas, racing design exhaust, pedals, don''t know what the mirrors or the wheels are and the wheels have no markings except i think there is a capital F stamped on the back of the wheels, maybe F1, don't remember which it is, but i do know there is at least an F...the susp is bilstein, but dont know which or what designations...ideas?
Old 04-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Beautiful 964!

Hard to see but cosmetically maybe the mirrors and I’m assuming those are gemballa wheels? I don’t think Ive seen those wheels before, they look similar to the RUF wheels of that era but a but spokes have sharper angles.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:51 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

so she has stainless sills with gemballa engraved in, floor mats, all gauges are white gemballas, racing design exhaust, pedals, don''t know what the mirrors or the wheels are and the wheels have no markings except i think there is a capital F stamped on the back of the wheels, maybe F1, don't remember which it is, but i do know there is at least an F...the susp is bilstein, but dont know which or what designations...ideas?
Old 04-07-2018, 07:04 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

whoops, don't know how that happened, what i wanted to say is that she is an unusual color blue, non metallic, #K5 K5, don''t think i've seen it before, and thanks marine, and the way the doors close...oo oo baby, wow, i bought it from a guy in london and he imported it from japan, i guess it was originally delivered there but the sticker is gone from under the hood and the owners manual is in japanese and there is a sticker in the manual but it is a different layout, no country code, but it has option codes...the good one...220, and 2 others, 425 and 437, don't know those....the wheels are 17's reminiscent of the cup 1's but not really, they kinda look more like one of the stock 16's that came on 964's
Old 04-08-2018, 01:51 AM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by kkswow12
whoops, don't know how that happened, what i wanted to say is that she is an unusual color blue, non metallic, #K5 K5, don''t think i've seen it before, and thanks marine, and the way the doors close...oo oo baby, wow, i bought it from a guy in london and he imported it from japan, i guess it was originally delivered there but the sticker is gone from under the hood and the owners manual is in japanese and there is a sticker in the manual but it is a different layout, no country code, but it has option codes...the good one...220, and 2 others, 425 and 437, don't know those....the wheels are 17's reminiscent of the cup 1's but not really, they kinda look more like one of the stock 16's that came on 964's
425 is a rear wiper, 437 is electric left seat. I think the wheels are ROH, could be wrong though. I've seen them before. They are a Cup style, IIRC produced by a Japanese company.

K5K5 appears to simply be called "Dark Blue." The chassis paint sticker, if present, would say Dunkelblau. It is mostly seen on cars of the previous decade, it is a pretty color being a flat gloss and not metallic.

FWIW, K5K5 is the code used for the original invoice sent to the assembly line. It is NOT the paint code. In other words, if you request color K5K5 from a paint shop it either won't exist or will be something entirely different. The actual paint code depends on the model year; the codes can change year to year for the same nominal color.

Mirrors look like Vitaloni, but can't tell. If the top part transitions well in shape to the bottom part, it could be a Gemballa piece. If not, it is probably a stick-on mod.

Last edited by FrenchToast; 04-08-2018 at 02:10 AM.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:16 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Default kool, thanks,

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
425 is a rear wiper, 437 is electric left seat. I think the wheels are ROH, could be wrong though. I've seen them before. They are a Cup style, IIRC produced by a Japanese company.

K5K5 appears to simply be called "Dark Blue." The chassis paint sticker, if present, would say Dunkelblau. It is mostly seen on cars of the previous decade, it is a pretty color being a flat gloss and not metallic.

FWIW, K5K5 is the code used for the original invoice sent to the assembly line. It is NOT the paint code. In other words, if you request color K5K5 from a paint shop it either won't exist or will be something entirely different. The actual paint code depends on the model year; the codes can change year to year for the same nominal color.

Mirrors look like Vitaloni, but can't tell. If the top part transitions well in shape to the bottom part, it could be a Gemballa piece. If not, it is probably a stick-on mod.
the mirrors are actually very nice, i will call gemballa and see if anything is on record there with the VIN, if they even do that...i have no way of knowing, but the car seems to have a kick in power near the top of the revs...also, i don't get it, but the seats are vinyl covered...nicely done and in perfect condition, but...reminds me of the old MB tex in my '65 220s...my first benz, fins an' all...
Old 04-08-2018, 08:46 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Can't tell you about the rest but K5K5 is the internal code for Dark Blue as stated. It would be code L347. The punch in power you are feeling might be from the exhaust.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:23 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

thanks anthony, i guess yours is also K5K5? and is there another # on the inner fender...guess i could go look...
Old 04-09-2018, 12:45 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Originally Posted by kkswow12
thanks anthony, i guess yours is also K5K5? and is there another # on the inner fender...guess i could go look...
the number above the battery should read L347

Quick Reply: my 964 has many gemballa parts...