longest wheel studs i can fit without removing the hub

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 11:07 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts
Default longest wheel studs i can fit without removing the hub

hi guys,
i have decieded to switch from bolt-on spacers at the rear of my blue Qpe to a longer-stud version. First reason is, i have to switch between 15mm and 21mm discs when switching from 17-inch Michelin Cup2 to 18-inch Nankang AR-1 wheelset....
Second reason is, i have heared about cracked spacers...
No problem with removing the old studs. I have a proper tool from that (originally thought for loosing mercedes ball-joints)... But what lenth of studs is the longest version, i can fit without removing the hub... i have just changed wheel bearings, 5k KM ago...

Orig bolt has 49mm length i and i would need another 21mm to 25mm add on... Can i use 70mm bolts without problems... parking brake is not an issue for me :-)

thx

best regards

thilo
Old 03-19-2018, 11:34 AM
mystert
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I used 66mm studs for a 930 in the rear with out taking the hub off. If I remember right, they only went in one way and I had to buy a special extra long allen wrench to remove the brake calipers.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:39 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mystert
I used 66mm studs for a 930 in the rear with out taking the hub off. If I remember right, they only went in one way and I had to buy a special extra long allen wrench to remove the brake calipers.
ok. thx.
i guess, i have enough tools for the job... the main question is, if a 70mm stud will fit in there...

Quick Reply: longest wheel studs i can fit without removing the hub