Sponsored by:

My RSA's 15 minutes of fame...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 11:50 AM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My RSA's 15 minutes of fame...

I just recvd my copy of Adrian's 911 book. Wow! What a thorough resource for the 964's. I can already tell it will be the 'bible' for my car. I stayed up late skimming through the book and was excited to find my recently acquired RS America featured in the book (page 514 at the bottom and page 515 at the top). I know its the same RSA because the photo credit is the name of the owner prior to the guy I bought it from. I also have copies of these same photos.

Now I just need to convince my buddy that now has the supercharged engine featured in the photo in Adrian's book to sell it back to me so I can reunite it with the RSA...

Last edited by TR6; 07-22-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Rick964
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this a white RAS from Northern CA? I looked at a car up there when I was shopping and it had had a supercharged engine that he sold to a buddy.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:30 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rick964
Is this a white RAS from Northern CA? I looked at a car up there when I was shopping and it had had a supercharged engine that he sold to a buddy.
It could very well be. This car was in CA before coming back to Texas. He sold the supercharged engine out of the RSA to his buddy (who is also a friend of mine) because it wouldn't pass CA emissions. Then a different guy in Texas bought the RSA with a replacement normally aspirated 964 engine. I bought the car from that guy with the NA engine.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

The photo credit is Zane Dobson. I had met him a few times about 10 years ago in Oklahoma City. He was the membership or President of the War Bonnet PCA Region at the time. Spoke to him a few times at a couple Autocrosses, then ran into him up at Brainerd International at a Club Race. Came up there to MN a few times with a couple other guys out of Oklahoma, guy named Brooke Van Horne who had a GT1R/S 930 Turbo, and another guy that drove a white RSA that was progressed to C class. I think Brooke ended buying that car, since last year I saw him driving a white C-Class RSA...

My actual car is also in the book, on page 603, and like you, credit goes to the previous owner.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Rick964
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zane D., the was the owner of the car I had looked at. Sold before I could get serious.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:20 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rick964
Zane D., the was the owner of the car I had looked at. Sold before I could get serious.
Yep, that's the same RSA I now own. He had it in Oklahoma and then moved to California. He then sold it to a guy in Dallas in 2005 who I bought it from a couple of weeks ago. In the photo in Adrian's book, it still had the Cup I wheels. Its now sporting 18" Kinesis wheels.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:34 PM
ZaneD
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I'm really late to this post, but I've been busy playing with wine for the last 10-years. I know it'd be very difficult, but if you ever wanted to try to have a matching numbers car again - Dr. Geary Isbell bought the stock RS America engine. It was probably modified, and supercharged, but likely only reduced piston compression ratio and insurance items to make it stronger. They built a crazy orange racecar from my 964 C4 (which I rolled at Hallett), but I don't think he races any longer.

Quick Reply: My RSA's 15 minutes of fame...