Sponsored by:

Sport End Muffler 964 Brombacher Edition

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2020 | 09:38 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by andy73
To be honest, I was disappointed. The copy on the FVD website, claiming Cup car like sounds with pops and crackles off throttle was not the reality (in my case). I will say that the quality and finish on the muffler is beautiful. Truly. Can't fault it.
If you want pops and crackles, loosen one of the donut clamps that attach the exhaust pipes together, so that there is a tiny leak... Or you can also disable the off-throttle fuel overrun cutoff in the ECU.
Old 01-31-2020 | 10:25 AM
BLACK3.2
Pro

Thought I'd chime back in here as I purchased the Brombacher Sport End Muffler with high hopes. To be honest, I was disappointed. The copy on the FVD website, claiming Cup car like sounds with pops and crackles off throttle was not the reality (in my case). I will say that the quality and finish on the muffler is beautiful. Truly. Can't fault it.

"This muffler produces a glorious flat six race car with low deep tones that reminds us of the 964 Cup. It is manufactured in Germany by M&M Exhaust, Gmbh. This muffler is ideal for anyone who wants a lower deeper tone with more decibels"

I emailed FVD and explained that there were no extra sounds coming from it and that it was actually quite quiet. I got a good response from them explaining that a 100 or 200 cell sport cat would really deliver the promises of the website. So I purchased a 200 cell cat. It was a little throatier but ultimately very quiet. The tone itself was nice - classic air cooled rasp with a bit more aggression but just not the growl i'd hoped for. Performance implications were small enough as to negligible - not sure the muffler had any impact on performance (can't quite recall if it was ever claimed it would).

When Darin Fister announced that he was building muffler for 964 i placed an order immediately. The tone took a bit of getting used to. It's WAY more aggressive but I'm very happy with it. No drone whatsoever and more like what I was hoping for.

This is my experience only. Others in the thread have clearly been super happy with their FVD muffler so you too may find you're happy with it. For me it was just a little bit underwhelming and given the cost. Happy with the Fister.
Did the FVD not enough volume for you?

How would you describe the volume and tone of the fister?

Last edited by BLACK3.2; 01-31-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2020 | 11:56 AM
Meatball964
Rennlist Member

Andy,
Would love to hear a sound clip of the Fister secondary w/your 200 cell sport cat as I have a similar set-up (Dansk 100 cell sport cat) & have considered this (not interested in a G-pipe).
Old 02-02-2020 | 07:01 PM
andy73
Racer

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
If you want pops and crackles, loosen one of the donut clamps that attach the exhaust pipes together, so that there is a tiny leak... Or you can also disable the off-throttle fuel overrun cutoff in the ECU.
Sure. But the copy on their website (now updated) spoke of it without the need for anything like the above suggested ideas.
Old 02-02-2020 | 07:03 PM
andy73
Racer

Originally Posted by S2K993
Andy,
Would love to hear a sound clip of the Fister secondary w/your 200 cell sport cat as I have a similar set-up (Dansk 100 cell sport cat) & have considered this (not interested in a G-pipe).
Clip below... To be honest, I ended up going back to the OE cat as the combination of the Fister and sport cat was just a bit too much (for me). It sounded bloody good and super aggressive but for driving with the wife or on the odd occasion like driving around town it was a little too much.

Last edited by andy73; 02-02-2020 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2020 | 09:17 PM
Meatball964
Rennlist Member

Oh my...that is loud. A bit too much for me as well.
Thx for the clip, saved me $650 lol.
Old 03-07-2021 | 08:16 PM
Michael D'Silva
Instructor

Thought I'd chime back in here as I purchased the Brombacher Sport End Muffler with high hopes. To be honest, I was disappointed. The copy on the FVD website, claiming Cup car like sounds with pops and crackles off throttle was not the reality (in my case). I will say that the quality and finish on the muffler is beautiful. Truly. Can't fault it.

"This muffler produces a glorious flat six race car with low deep tones that reminds us of the 964 Cup. It is manufactured in Germany by M&M Exhaust, Gmbh. This muffler is ideal for anyone who wants a lower deeper tone with more decibels"

I emailed FVD and explained that there were no extra sounds coming from it and that it was actually quite quiet. I got a good response from them explaining that a 100 or 200 cell sport cat would really deliver the promises of the website. So I purchased a 200 cell cat. It was a little throatier but ultimately very quiet. The tone itself was nice - classic air cooled rasp with a bit more aggression but just not the growl i'd hoped for. Performance implications were small enough as to negligible - not sure the muffler had any impact on performance (can't quite recall if it was ever claimed it would).

When Darin Fister announced that he was building muffler for 964 i placed an order immediately. The tone took a bit of getting used to. It's WAY more aggressive but I'm very happy with it. No drone whatsoever and more like what I was hoping for.

This is my experience only. Others in the thread have clearly been super happy with their FVD muffler so you too may find you're happy with it. For me it was just a little bit underwhelming and given the cost. Happy with the Fister.
I know this is going back a little way, but when you fitted the M&M secondard muffler, did you do the primary muffler delete at the same time?

Mike
Old 03-08-2021 | 05:23 PM
andy73
Racer

Originally Posted by Michael D'Silva
I know this is going back a little way, but when you fitted the M&M secondard muffler, did you do the primary muffler delete at the same time?

Mike
Hey Mike!
Yeah mate, I was running the FVD Muffler with a cup pipe.

Quick Reply: Sport End Muffler 964 Brombacher Edition