Sponsored by:

Sunroof seal

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff, I have all the pieces and I am planning to FINALLY complete this small DIY this weekend. A couple of questions:

- Firstly, I bought Wurths rubber glue from Pelican - is this up to the job or should something else be used?

- Number two (no tittering please!) Do you need to unclip the cables at the rear (where the zip is in the headliner) or at the roof where the headliner snaps away?

- Thirdly (ok, so I said 'couple' of questions) do you have those pics you took?

Cheers,

--Howard
Old 01-19-2004, 02:08 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, 10pm Sunday and finally I have replaced my sunroof seal! Took a few hours longer than expected, mainly due to cleaning the crud left from the old adhesive, which looked at first like it was rust (and scared the living daylights out of me), but came of to show shiny blue paint underneath!

For the most part it was easier than expected, I could probabaly do it again in a heartbeat. I have however left a faint small scratch in one corner, that I cant quite get rid of with rubbing compound, and which spoilt an otherwise satisfying bit of DIY.

The real test will come with the first wash (or rain)!!

Thanks and credit to Jeff for all the emails and advice!

Quick Reply: Sunroof seal