Sponsored by:

Tis the season to be jolly...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tis the season to be jolly...

...and I have decided to begin chucking a bit of money at my car now that I have decided to keep it for a while. The idea of simply buying a Turbo has appealed for a while but to be honest I don't think the extra running, insurance, and purchase costs are a worthwhile investment. At least not yet.

My recent 'incident' with the wing mirror has unfortunately left me with a rather nasty chip in the paint just in front of the windscreen which has gone all the way down to the bare metal and thus requires attention sooner rather than later so I may as well start with the bodywork.

As a result I am intending to have all the little bits of paint work doing in one go as it seems pointless sending it back to the spray shop numerous times. This also seems the ideal time to fit the 965 front splitter, some brake cooling ducts and, if they offer the service, get my calipers powder coated. I have heard good things about Portslade Panel Works and seeing as they are only 20 mins from home they seem the natural choice. Does anyone have any experience of them?

Once that lot is done we'll see where we go from there but an induction kit and an exhaust are fairly high on the agenda.

Quick Reply: Tis the season to be jolly...