Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jen's 964 - Pics in the snow.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 06:58 PM
jrb964
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DJ - I know that Adrian is a big 964 C4 guy. How much influence on your purchase did he have? Beautiful car, and the CUP rims really make it. Also, love the linen interior.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:48 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi jrb...!!!

Honestly - as Adrian is probably asleep now given the time difference, I'll post this now (before he awakes )....

Adrian is a wonderful influence on anyone he and Gail touch. I remember meeting them - several years ago in Europe. They opened their home and hearts to myself and Lee, who I was traveling with throughout Europe. I still remember riding with Adrian in his 964 - and Lee (driving a Boxster S) and Adrian took a "shortcut" through a childrens' playground. Apparently, in that Swiss village - it's still talked about - but since I wasn't driving - I'll let Adrian tell the story...

Anyway - both the 993 and 964 were quite unexpected - as were selling my current Porsches. Credit - really - is due to Alfie at IRA, who recently became a Rennlist Sponsor. He is the one who put me in touch with a disgruntled owner of a 993 - and told me I might be able to purchase a 993 for less then I could sell my '87 911 for a few weeks ago, if I was willing to fix it... That certainly happened - and since I do my own work, I still ended up on the positive side of $$ after that transaction....

As for the 964? Honestly - I thought a 964 would be the Porsche I "graduated to" after some years. Again - Alfie called and said he had found a car for Jen. So, after a little persuasion - we sold both my track car and Jen's previous '68 911L - and again, at the positive side of $$$.

It's a small world - and I shouldn't post this - but this 964 C4 was owned and traded in by a Rennlist Member, we have come to find out. When he was told that Jen bought the car - I was also told he was thrilled - but I'll let him post back if he still lurks in this Forum.

As for us - and Adrian... Yep, a ride across Switzerland with Adrian in his car, planted the seed of hope that someday we'd own a 964. They are simply fantastic. I still gawk when I walk into our garage. I'm still in shock and awe that one resides there....

See - Jen, myself, Adrian, Gail - we are simply what you'd call "enthusiasts" - and just love the cars for what they are. We don't make money from that passion - but are no less "rich" for that same passion and love. And, if you look at your's, or Ruairidh's, or Howard's, or Joey's, or John's replies - or just look at Rennlist - we are much richer for that experience through the folks we have met and call 250,000 folks worldwide a "community".

So did Adrian have an influence? Yes - but not in the way many would understand from the meaning of "influence"...

Thanks for asking....
Old 12-08-2003, 01:28 AM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...I knew about you getting the 993, but this is the first I've heard of Jen getting a 964. Fabulous! It's a beautiful car. Congratulations.

I suppose this means we're going to be seeing lots of Jen (and John?) posts in the future?
Old 12-08-2003, 04:54 AM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by John Boggiano
Stupid, really, but looking at pictures of a 964 always makes me feel good!
Yep, I'll second that. In particular, whenever I see another 964 on the road (which isn't often), it makes me appreciate my own car that much more.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:51 PM
JoeW
Pro

Originally posted by John D.
They are simply fantastic. I still gawk when I walk into our garage. I'm still in shock and awe that one resides there....
Talk about your shock and awe ... I read these boards about 5 x/day, look at the 20 degree temp outside and the snowbanks, then walk into my garage ---- still no shock and awe ---- I just cannot wait until the new year, though I guess I have to.

I'd add my congratulations, but you'd find me out: it's actually a solid dose of envy Waiting, passionately J
Old 12-08-2003, 06:26 PM
914und993
Pro

Jen's car is almost exactly like my old '90 C4: blue-black (mine was marine blue metallic), chrome Design 90s, cashmere interior. It was a great looking car. Wish I could have found that color combination in the 993.

Chip
Old 12-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chip, my 89 C4 is the same color combo as your old C4 and has the 16" design 90 chrome wheels you mention. Personally, I think my car would be transformed by some cup wheels like Jen's or some 17" turbo twists!

--H
Old 12-08-2003, 09:50 PM
Jenn
Admin
Rennlist Member

Hi jrb964,

I know John elaborated on how we came upon our new babies, but the real reason the 964 is sitting in our garage is because I opened my big mouth in front of a great sales person i.e. Alfie! I came home after having the 993 for the day with nothing but rave reviews and wondered if we sold the 914 and the 68 if I could have one too (I was only half kidding!) ....Alfie was on the phone as I was rambling on about how wonderful the car was... and what do you know he calls literally the next day about the 964!

So now John is forbiddben to speak to Alfie for fear of what he'll sell us next!

-Jennifer

Originally posted by jrb964
DJ - I know that Adrian is a big 964 C4 guy. How much influence on your purchase did he have? Beautiful car, and the CUP rims really make it. Also, love the linen interior.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Jenn
Admin
Rennlist Member

I agree wheels can really transform a car! When we first saw the car it had some gold BBS wheels on it. I wasn't thrilled with them but I knew with some different wheels the car would be tranformed! As it turns out the wheels on the 964 were in bad shape so I stole John's cup wheels and at this rate he is never getting them back!!

-Jennifer

Originally posted by Kahdmus
Chip, my 89 C4 is the same color combo as your old C4 and has the 16" design 90 chrome wheels you mention. Personally, I think my car would be transformed by some cup wheels like Jen's or some 17" turbo twists!

--H
Old 12-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't blame you Jen, they look fabulous! I almost bought some turbo twists via Ebay last week - there were about 10 bids in the final 30 seconds however and I failed to win them! :-(

--H :-)

PS. So is Johns 993 in the background up on bricks?
Old 12-08-2003, 11:02 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Any comments on the cars manners in the snow?
Old 12-08-2003, 11:11 PM
Jenn
Admin
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Kahdmus

PS. So is Johns 993 in the background up on bricks?
Pretty Much! I stole them off his car while he was sleeping the other night!
These wheels were actually his snow tires and its mighty convenient that they fit my car!

C4TT, I was a little ticked the other night to look at the window the other night and see John tooling around, in my new car, on the road with 6 inches of snow! But after I calmed down and went for a ride, the car drives great in the snow! No slipping or sliding! Much better than my Audi though we do get some funny looks!
Old 12-08-2003, 11:12 PM
David K.
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my car back from VCI (my mechanic) in the nick of time to put it away for hibernation.

Quick Reply: Jen's 964 - Pics in the snow.....