Sponsored by:

Are all 964 equipped with O2 sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 11:55 AM
samfre
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Cars that were ordered with option M150 came with a hollow tube inplace of the catalytic converter and no O2 sensor. Any importer in a country that was still using leaded fuel would have included this in their base option list. On the opposite end of the scale, pollution requirements in some countries forced PAG to monitor the temperature of the exhaust gas entering the catalytic converter.

The more sensors you have, the better decisions the ECU can make about fueling. Even with a cat-bypass I would run an O2 sensor. Hell, for the money you'd save on two tanks of gas alone it be worth it!
You can add O2 sensor even you not original equipped one?
Old 09-11-2017, 04:24 AM
power_up
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by samfre
For power delivery I can't say is normal or not as I only bought this car last year and never driven any other. I asked my mechanic to did the compression test and the result he told me is one of the cylinder is not doing too well (I forgot the figure he told me)
If have chance I can give you a ride to feel any differences.
I think you have more than one issue to get worse fuel consumption result.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:57 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

I thought O2 sensor factory fitment was region specific - i.e. not all countries initially had the strict anti-pollution regs. I dare say later models all regions eventually had them(?)

Quick Reply: Are all 964 equipped with O2 sensor?