Sponsored by:

BaT 964 Results since 2015

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 06:49 PM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts
Default BaT 964 Results since 2015

Interesting to see that no standard C2 coupes have been listed on BaT since 2015 that I can see on the link below.
A couple RSA's have posted though.

http://bringatrailer.com/porsche/964/
Old 08-07-2017, 06:50 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 184 Posts

Not a C2, but another RS America just was listed. Looks nice with an owner deleted sunroof (not often you see that)

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/199...-rs-america-3/
Old 08-21-2017, 04:20 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPE911
Not a C2, but another RS America just was listed. Looks nice with an owner deleted sunroof (not often you see that)

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/199...-rs-america-3/
Nothing to see here..... move along.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:34 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordan Pryce
Nothing to see here..... move along.
I watched the auction from start to finish. Congratulations!
Hopefully you wont wait forever for a transporter to deliver the car. What are your plans for this RSA ?
Old 08-21-2017, 10:06 PM
A914MAN
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mostly C4's and Cabs. C2's and Targa owners must know what they have
Old 08-21-2017, 11:51 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

That RSA seems like a lot of car for the money. congrats. Doesn't seem to have fetched a huge premium over a C2 considering the mileage, etc. congrats.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:59 AM
Porschenut_Lee
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Andrews
That RSA seems like a lot of car for the money. congrats. Doesn't seem to have fetched a huge premium over a C2 considering the mileage, etc. congrats.
A 34,000 mile car that was repainted? Also, hard to put a lot of faith in mileage on a track car since it is entirely plausible that the odo was disconnected during its days as a track car. I suspect these are some of the reasons the car went so relatively cheap.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:12 AM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TYPE911
I watched the auction from start to finish. Congratulations!
Hopefully you wont wait forever for a transporter to deliver the car. What are your plans for this RSA ?
Yeah, I need to choose a transporter carefully with all of the spare parts. My plan for the car? It's pretty well sorted. I'm sure I'll find a way to make my personal imprint on it.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:28 AM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porschenut_Lee
A 34,000 mile car that was repainted? Also, hard to put a lot of faith in mileage on a track car since it is entirely plausible that the odo was disconnected during its days as a track car. I suspect these are some of the reasons the car went so relatively cheap.
It pays to do your homework. I researched the ownership chain and the mileage is thoroughly documented. I have been in touch with 2 of the 3 previous owners, and have photos and receipts of the car going back to 1994.

The car was never a track car. It was used in two Silver State Rallyes (Silver State Classic Challenge, Inc is a non-profit corporation, formed to promote open road events, provides events to legally drive extended distances at speeds challenging to both driver and vehicle, and to provide opportunities to learn how to safely handle your vehicle at speed, both in racing situations and everyday traffic.) and a few DE events, but was never raced.

Regarding the repaint, I have the receipts for the paintwork which was done by the BAT seller, in order to bring the paint up to concours standards. It was color correction and chip filling only. zero filler or damage repair. meter readings are excellent.

Personally I think this car was priced correctly, and was right on target with my acquisition goals. It has an interesting history, was well cared for throughout it's life, and remains a low mileage, beautiful example that I won't be afraid to enjoy.

I already have a perfect, original set of RSA seats for it, and the modified seats that were in the car are
back at the upholsterer who did the bolster modifications to reverse his work using the original materials. In the end I'll choose the set of seats which is best for the car.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

It pays to do your homework. I researched the ownership chain and the mileage is thoroughly documented. I have been in touch with 2 of the 3 previous owners, and have photos and receipts of the car going back to 1994.

The car was never a track car. It was used in two Silver State Rallyes (Silver State Classic Challenge, Inc is a non-profit corporation, formed to promote open road events, provides events to legally drive extended distances at speeds challenging to both driver and vehicle, and to provide opportunities to learn how to safely handle your vehicle at speed, both in racing situations and everyday traffic.) and a few DE events, but was never raced.

Regarding the repaint, I have the receipts for the paintwork which was done by the BAT seller, in order to bring the paint up to concours standards. It was color correction and chip filling only. zero filler or damage repair. meter readings are excellent.

Personally I think this car was priced correctly, and was right on target with my acquisition goals. It has an interesting history, was well cared for throughout it's life, and remains a low mileage, beautiful example that I won't be afraid to enjoy.

I already have a perfect, original set of RSA seats for it, and the modified seats that were in the car are
back at the upholsterer who did the bolster modifications to reverse his work using the original materials. In the end I'll choose the set of seats which is best for the car.
Congrats on the purchase! Sounds like a solid car and knowing the history and speaking to previous owners definitely helps with assessing a cars condition and overall care.

Enjoy in good health.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:33 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

With all of that, it sounds to me like you stole that car. Should have been closer to six figures. Congrats on a stunning car!
Old 08-22-2017, 11:58 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Key words right there! It pays to do your research. Congrats on your new purchase.

Quick Reply: BaT 964 Results since 2015