porshhhh951:

I could not pull up any info on it.

What is the price and other details???
Old 12-09-2003, 01:38 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well he is selling them for around $250.00 i think......although i got my free sense it was a dumy car...he had yet to put one on a porsche...
other details....i think the pump is a little 50lb per hr. the lines are rubber although you can opt for stainless steel.....the pump is mouted in the trunk and sits in your cubby holes.....you know .....you have one on each side.....the pump and the jug sit in there.He uses a "nitrous type" injector and places it in your intake tract right before your intake manifold.I use a mix of 50% water and 50% methanol....fyi i get the stuff at home depot.It works great and the methanol injection also adds as a octane booster.....most people will say that water injection is only good for turning up the boost even more....NO TRUE! as soon as we fitted my kit...i saw an instant response in the throttle running the very same boost levels i had been running all summer....the car ran about 30-40 degrees cooler as well.I mean i never reached the halfway mark ever....not even under hard boosting conditions......and i live in texas with bad humidity and high 100+ degree temps.The car runs cooler, stronger, better throttle response.....because of an increase in hp. I have an activation switch that turns the system on and it only becomes active at full throttle......the reason why you wouldnt want a setup that turns the system on at say 7 psi which is what robert and lance themselves run is that they have v8's with high hp and tq without having the rev the crap outta the car....where as mine doesnt really come alive until 4k.......turbos need heat to spool....so our smaller engines would generate less heat at lower rpms with a setup that came on eariler which would intern add to boost lag.....in esense the turbo wouldnt have the same energy it would before....so you have it set like mine by a full throttle only switch and in daily driving you never see it........the turbo has already spooled up enough and started generating enough heat and energy ...so they water/methanol injection helps alot instead of hindering the entire system.......i am very pleased with it...and if you would like to order a kit please pm me....i will be happy to give you his number and you can talk with the man himself about his company and his racing knowledge......fyi....the only guys i meet that know this much about the mechanics of the car and turbos systems and how they work are tuners......so i took his word and we put it on.....and i smile everytime i hit full boost under full load.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:32 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks John, you just confirmed all the research I have done on water injection. I am interested in a dual stage system.

Could you post his email??? or email it to me: toddk911@earthlink.net
Old 12-09-2003, 10:40 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah sure ....

Quick Reply: Another cold weather boost observation