Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

air/oil separator question

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 05:28 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air/oil separator question

I'm removing the intake this weekend to replace all the vac hoses. Is there an o ring or seal on the air/ oil separator. The 'cap' where the breather hose elbow connects to looks like it can come off. If so, how is it removed so I dont break it?
Thanks
Old 11-20-2003, 05:44 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think there is an o-ring, I tried to disassemble mine but it seemed to want to break so I just ran a bead of black silicone around the seam.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:52 PM
951Tom
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

The top doesn't come off w/out destroying it. You have to remove the turbo, downpipe, and heat shield to have enough room to take it off the block to replace the o-rings. It has two o-rings of different sizes.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:44 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by 951Tom
The top doesn't come off w/out destroying it. You have to remove the turbo, downpipe, and heat shield to have enough room to take it off the block to replace the o-rings. It has two o-rings of different sizes.
I think he is talking the thin large diameter o-ring that goes under the top cap ?? you can change it if the housing is not too brittle, but yes the 2 that go in the block, Tom is correct on removing alot of stuff to replace those.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:14 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by David Floyd
I think there is an o-ring, I tried to disassemble mine but it seemed to want to break so I just ran a bead of black silicone around the seam.
Thats what I was planning to do if I cant get it off to replace the O rings. I know I cant get the whole thing off without removing the turbo and all. I'm just concerned with the large top.

Quick Reply: air/oil separator question